My motor is peeing again

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by Gator_Bob, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Gator_Bob

Gator_Bob Well-Known Member

After the last few times out I noticed that the pee stream from my motor seemed weak. Last weekend I was getting ready to go out and while prepping the boat I noticed the outboard was not peeing at all. So no go. I first though it was the water pump but I had installed a new one one just 6 months ago. I started first with the thermostat and noticed it had some corrosion. I purchased a new one. I took both and dumped both at the same time in a pot of boiling water. It was interesting to see the new thermostat open up all the way and the old only opened up partially. There was also a lot of trash in the port to the thermostat. With the new thermostat it has a strong stream. So the lesson is to look at the pee stream when you prep your boat and it may not be the water pump that is causing problems.