Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guide recommendations for Nassau?
My wife and I are taking a trip to the Bahamas in a couple weeks and staying at an all inclusive resort for her birthday.
I'd like to book a day trip to catch a couple Grey Ghost while we are there
It seems most guides are out of Abaco or Andros
Can anybody recommend a guide out of Nassau?
Thanks in advance Microskiffers

·
Registered
300 Posts
Guide recommendations for Nassau?
My wife and I are taking a trip to the Bahamas in a couple weeks and staying at an all inclusive resort for her birthday.
I'd like to book a day trip to catch a couple Grey Ghost while we are there
It seems most guides are out of Abaco or Andros
Can anybody recommend a guide out of Nassau?
Thanks in advance Microskiffers
See this link:
http://midcurrent.com/travel/five-tips-bahamas-bonefish-on-a-budget/

Nassau and bonefishing are not typically used in the same sentence. My advice is to spend the time with your wife and plan another trip back to the family islands another time. I have been to Nassau over 100 times and would not recommend bonefishing there. But then again. I have never bonefished there. Bonefishing in the Bahamas needs to feel like bonefishing in the Bahamas. Not taking a taxi one morning to the opposite side of New Providence to walk a flat with an overpriced guide. Use the trip to convince your wife you need a guys trip to the out islands. I'll go!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See this link:
http://midcurrent.com/travel/five-tips-bahamas-bonefish-on-a-budget/

Nassau and bonefishing are not typically used in the same sentence. My advice is to spend the time with your wife and plan another trip back to the family islands another time. I have been to Nassau over 100 times and would not recommend bonefishing there. But then again. I have never bonefished there. Bonefishing in the Bahamas needs to feel like bonefishing in the Bahamas. Not taking a taxi one morning to the opposite side of New Providence to walk a flat with an overpriced guide. Use the trip to convince your wife you need a guys trip to the out islands. I'll go!
Great Advice!
Happy Wife, Happy Life!

·
Paddling away...
6,385 Posts
I have done the DIY thing and found a really fishy flat, but didn't see anything. I also took a guide out once as well, spent $180 on the guide, but he took me and two buddies out, and he included a "conch lunch" and two six packs of Kalik Gold. The guy seemed like he didn't fish too much for bones, but he took us to an area that he said there's usually a school of bones there. It looked fishy, we jumped out the boston whaler and walked a beach of a random island, I saw one tiny bone there. The guide wasn't very good at driving the boat, so my buddy that was with me is a big boat captain so he took over driving the boat in the rough conditions. After hopelessly looking for bones, we went to a reef and caught some grouper and such n called it a day.

I don't recommend doing nassau for bones. A good option would be grand bahamas. I took my ex girlfriend thre last year for her birthday. We hopped on the balaeria ferry and went across. We booked a hotel through the ferry website. It cost us under $400 for two of us round trip, with ferry, hotel for two nights at the Flamingo resort. The lady at the Hotel called her friend that runs a rental car service and he gave us a rental for $60 for the three days we were there. I looked at a map and just headed east and we fished several areas along the southern shore. We had more shots at bonefish than I can ever imagine.

Another great option is Grand Cayman. My buddy Davin Ebanks is a hell f a bonefish guide out there. One of my buddies went there on a cruise and he wanted to fish, so I hooked him up with Davin. My buddy caught 6 or so bones, and his girlfriend that had never touched a fly rod in her life even caught a couple herself, and that was her first time ever holding a fly rod.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done the DIY thing and found a really fishy flat, but didn't see anything. I also took a guide out once as well, spent $180 on the guide, but he took me and two buddies out, and he included a "conch lunch" and two six packs of Kalik Gold. The guy seemed like he didn't fish too much for bones, but he took us to an area that he said there's usually a school of bones there. It looked fishy, we jumped out the boston whaler and walked a beach of a random island, I saw one tiny bone there. The guide wasn't very good at driving the boat, so my buddy that was with me is a big boat captain so he took over driving the boat in the rough conditions. After hopelessly looking for bones, we went to a reef and caught some grouper and such n called it a day.

I don't recommend doing nassau for bones. A good option would be grand bahamas. I took my ex girlfriend thre last year for her birthday. We hopped on the balaeria ferry and went across. We booked a hotel through the ferry website. It cost us under $400 for two of us round trip, with ferry, hotel for two nights at the Flamingo resort. The lady at the Hotel called her friend that runs a rental car service and he gave us a rental for $60 for the three days we were there. I looked at a map and just headed east and we fished several areas along the southern shore. We had more shots at bonefish than I can ever imagine.

Another great option is Grand Cayman. My buddy Davin Ebanks is a hell f a bonefish guide out there. One of my buddies went there on a cruise and he wanted to fish, so I hooked him up with Davin. My buddy caught 6 or so bones, and his girlfriend that had never touched a fly rod in her life even caught a couple herself, and that was her first time ever holding a fly rod.
Great info Black!
I've been considering the ferry myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts