My boat video

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 'Nano-Skiff', Sep 23, 2013.

1. 'Nano-Skiff'

'Nano-Skiff' It's not the size of the boat....

Well it turns out I was recorded in my boat yesterday by a guy off another forum I belong to thats more of a local fishing forum. Well its a short video and not all that exciting but I thought Id share anyways and maybe get him some views :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g4vrHTNlAFI

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Haha great vid Nano! Was that one of the FishWestEnd guys?

3. 'Nano-Skiff'

Without starting a forum war, he was FishWestBay.com. IMO a more layed back, less political, less BS, and more fun type of forum. A place where moderators, sponsors, and site contributors follow the same rules as the general members, which by the way, is what makes these forums support themselves. But we all started over there before we all got banned and started a new forum. :eek:

4. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Haha gotcha. I was on FWE a little bit but still stayed loyal to Microskiff.

For some reason I can't find a link to who built your boat - can you post it?

5. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

I think it's a SKINNIE-MINNIE!!! Great skiff my friend! :D

6. 'Nano-Skiff'

Yeah the people and mods here are great. I enjoy it. It seems more Florida-ish but I still love the boats. Id love to have any of them. My boat was the first year they made the Nomad model which was 1957. The place burned down or something in 1962 I think and that was the end of it as far as I know. They were made in Dallas, TX. A little searching for "Glass Magic Boats" will find you a little info. Best place I've found is www.fiberglassics.com. They have info on a lot of boats. I know that in 1957 my boat cost $290, weighed 140 lbs, and was rated for 12hp. I also found this cool ad from 1960.
    [​IMG]

7. 'Nano-Skiff'

Brilliant! I like that name. Thanks for the good idea. I just call it "The Little Blue Boat". It was blue from the beginning of time and everyone in my family knows it as that. A friend of mine crashed it and I had to have the whole front redone. While it was in the shop it had a face lift and a color change. That was about 10ish years ago.