Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Beaver Dam vs Swamp Runner vs Mud Skipper. Which long tail mud motor will win?

• Beaver Dam (CLP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamp Runner (SPS)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mud Skipper (CKS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one will come out on top?! These long tail mud motors have worked great on my 1436 Alumacraft and I would think they would be awesome on a microskiff! Run shallow and fast and never look back. I would recommend them to anyone who would be interested in a cheap, reliable motor. Sounds odd putting those two words together but these kits and engines are inexpensive and reliable.

On JTgatoring's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6PJK0fV0Zjjfaxiz7Houg, I am testing all three thai long tail mud motor medium kits. One from Beaver Dam Mud Motors (CLP), one from Swamp Runner (SPS), and one from Mud Skipper (use to be KKK but has now change it to CKS). The engine of choice is the Predator 420cc Hemi engine. Videos will be posted every Saturday morning. Each week, along with the video, there will be a written article on https://www.jtgatoring.com/.

There is a few chapters in this series; the first chapter is the unboxing, second is the assembly portion, third is the water test, and the forth and final chapter will be the conclusion! If you have anything specific you want to see or have any questions about, add it to the forum or contact me about it! I will try to reply back within a day if not two days. Share this with people who may be interested!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Which one will come out on top?! These long tail mud motors have worked great on my 1436 Alumacraft and I would think they would be awesome on a microskiff! Run shallow and fast and never look back. I would recommend them to anyone who would be interested in a cheap, reliable motor. Sounds odd putting those two words together but these kits and engines are inexpensive and reliable.

On JTgatoring's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6PJK0fV0Zjjfaxiz7Houg, I am testing all three thai long tail mud motor medium kits. One from Beaver Dam Mud Motors (CLP), one from Swamp Runner (SPS), and one from Mud Skipper (use to be KKK but has now change it to CKS). The engine of choice is the Predator 420cc Hemi engine. Videos will be posted every Saturday morning. Each week, along with the video, there will be a written article on https://www.jtgatoring.com/.

There is a few chapters in this series; the first chapter is the unboxing, second is the assembly portion, third is the water test, and the forth and final chapter will be the conclusion! If you have anything specific you want to see or have any questions about, add it to the forum or contact me about it! I will try to reply back within a day if not two days. Share this with people who may be interested!!
Looking forward to seeing this. I have a couple of 1436 jon boats that i would really like to stick a mud motor on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to seeing this. I have a couple of 1436 jon boats that i would really like to stick a mud motor on.
Yes sir! I love the build and idea of them. They work absolutely wonderful for what I use it for. Now I just want to find out which one is best for your $$$

·
Paddling away...
6,483 Posts
I have a backwater Inc swomp lite 23 on my Saltmarsh. I love it. Does about 19-20mph with two adults and gear.
33DC858D-9E70-4454-8164-1207AAA59548.jpeg

·
Paddling away...
6,483 Posts
My buddy built one just like mine, but he’s running a surface drive. He’s seeing 23-27mph with a 25hp mangrove.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,994 Posts
Man I used one in Alaska back in the 80's. Yes it was shallow but those big rocks will slow you down. Had to get used to the tippy balance of the motor. Guess their better in recent motors

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man I used one in Alaska back in the 80's. Yes it was shallow but those big rocks will slow you down. Had to get used to the tippy balance of the motor. Guess their better in recent motors
I have not traveled rocky terrain yet. It handles nicely without any problems in any shallow or deep water that I have traveled. I am sure they have changed a little since then. Do you remember what kind of motor/kit it was?

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,994 Posts
I have not traveled rocky terrain yet. It handles nicely without any problems in any shallow or deep water that I have traveled. I am sure they have changed a little since then. Do you remember what kind of motor/kit it was?
No I don't remember but it looked like the ones I've seen on here maybe bigger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the ones I will be testing are the most current models available. They will be tested in more of marshy swamp area rather than a rocky stream type environment

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First video is up! CLP - Beaver Dam Mud Runner unboxing! Once I have all three kits unboxed, I will videos comparing the parts side by side so you can see them in better detail!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts