Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be moving to the Jacksonville area this summer (July). I have 2 boats, a skimmer skiff 14’6 and a 1973 17 mako that I am completely redoing and converting to a 90hp tiller. I mostly fly fish but like doing nearshore snapper/grouper fishing and freediving. If Anyone wants to get out on the water with me and let me push you around a little bit and maybe even Trade some bow time let me know! I’m stoked for some flood tide fishing too!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome to Jacksonville, low key best fishing in the state. We have everything here and tons of water to catch them in.

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,047 Posts
Sweet! Id be glad to push ya around! Fish are not a guarantee.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
59 Posts
New to the St Augustine area as well and looking for a poling buddy as well. Shoot me a pm whenever your ready to head out on the skiff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just moved up to St. Augustine from South Florida, would love to get out on the water as I sold my boat for the move. I had a Skimmerskiff that I now regret selling being in the marsh. Would be happy to join, I'll bring gas and beer $$!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Been fishing Jacksonville for a couple months now in a mitzi skiff but having a hard time learning the area. If someone who knows the area well and can put me on some fish. I’d happily take them fishing in exchange for some knowledge. I’m not use to this whole tide thing, I grew up fishing the mosquito lagoon.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Been fishing Jacksonville for a couple months now in a mitzi skiff but having a hard time learning the area. If someone who knows the area well and can put me on some fish. I’d happily take them fishing in exchange for some knowledge. I’m not use to this whole tide thing, I grew up fishing the mosquito lagoon.
What's your mitzi draft? Also what are you looking to chase?

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you wanna start finding some reds just launch at sisters around a dead low tide or a couple hours before low. Head north for a couple of miles and then just start fishing some random creeks. Better yet just blast in some with trolling motor on high and start spooking some reds to see where they like to sit. Once you start to see a pattern on the types of spots you find reds at low tide then start to find areas that have similar depth and features at high tide.

Once you have found where reds like to sit in a certain creek on a certain tide then you will find them in that same place over and over. Reds are super predictable.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A lot of the creek entrances get super shallow a dead low, so just make sure you can get back out or you will be spending several hours waiting on the incoming.
May even find yourself on Qualified Captain LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts