Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running a 9 inch Elite Ti2 and was thinking about switching to the Simrad Go9 or the Evo9. Is there a big difference in the screen quality between the 2? And will my transducer and power plugs from my Lowrance work on either of the Simrads?

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Make sure you use the factory gear to go with that new Simrad... Unless you contact them and they give a thumbs up to using your existing Lowrance cabling and transducer.. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
679 Posts
IDK about the difference in screens, if any, but get the Evo if your set on Simrad. The Go series is touch screen only and it's difficult to operate with wet, fishy fingers or while running at speed.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Transducer plug and transducers themselves should be the same, maybe a different color plastic piece on the transducer itself. The nmea will definitely be the same, so that would leave the power cord which is the easiest to swap out.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. I figured they should all be the same since they are sister companies or whatever.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The power plug is different. The screen res on the EVO is much better than the Ti and the Go unless you get a 12" machine. The GO is a pain to use compared to any other touch machine that also has buttons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can I ask why you're replacing the Ti2? I'm trying to figure out what to put on my boat, the Ti2 was where I was headed. Performance issues? Or just time for an upgrade?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I ask why you're replacing the Ti2? I'm trying to figure out what to put on my boat, the Ti2 was where I was headed. Performance issues? Or just time for an upgrade?
Screen resolution and backlight is very dim. Can't see much when looking at it through sunglasses. FMT chip comes up pretty good but the navionics chip is awful. Which in my opinion the new navionics chip satellite overlay for LA marsh is awful. Not worth the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts