Moving back to Florida..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by H_Reid, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM.

1. H_Reid

H_Reid Member

Hello all. My name is Handsel. I am from Pensacola, FL but have been living out in Oregon for a few years now. Got obsessed with swinging flies for steelhead with two handed rods out here and am now about to move back home to Pensacola for work. Very excited to get into saltwater fly fishing in that area and all over Florida and Louisiana.

I believe I have some good buddies on this site already and they suggested I sign up since they know how obsessed I am with fly fishing. I love casting any kind of fly rod, tying flies and now learning more about saltwater species and how to target them when I get back to Florida. I've gotten a couple reds before when visiting for holidays but thats it so far. Look forward to looking through the site and learning. I'll be looking for a skiff of my own eventually so I am sure I will have questions!

Thanks,
    Handsel

2. mtoddsolomon

mtoddsolomon Lip Ripper

Welcome! I’m a bug slinger myself and I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun on the site!

H_Reid likes this.

3. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

Welcome from Destin

H_Reid likes this.
  4. Zika

Zika I Love microskiff.com!

Welcome. Pensacola is my old stomping grounds, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Fishy spot and great folks.

Until you get your skiff, Capt. Baz Yelverton can satisfy your fly fix. Excellent caster and a pleasure to fish with.

www. gulfbreezeguideservice.com

H_Reid likes this.
  5. H_Reid

H_Reid Member

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation Zika.