Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't decided yet what GPS/fish finder I'm going to get for the Sea Nymph and I don't want to put holes in the transom that I wont use once I do. Transducer bracket I use on the 12 and 14 ft boats doesn't work for the Nymph so I made this.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Drilled 1/4" holes in the 1" square aluminum tubing to use with 1/4-20 SS carriage bolts.
Squared the holes on one side. Wing nuts on the other side, so don't need a wrench to hold one side as I tighten the wing nuts.
Put some rubber hose over the bolt shafts so the threads don't rub things the wrong way.
I had some left over neoprene gasket material so I stuck some on the tubing to keep water from jetting up between the transom and bracket and no metal to metal contact.

total cost about $16.00 and less than an hour to make.
If I'd known what I was doing it would have only taken 20 minuets :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I duck hunt out of my boat as well as fish, so nothing hanging off the transom will last. I tried to figure out something like you did there, but couldn't make it work on my transom. I went with an alumaducer installed to shoot thru the hull. It's worked well for 3 years, but you can't do side imaging with it.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This particular transducer is much smaller than the one I'm leaning towards to mount permanently. I don't think this boat will ever see water less than around 3' deep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts