Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com and Fly Fishing
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a suggestion for mounting a transom mount trolling motor on my Amesbury 16?

[/img]
[/img]

I am leaning toward a minkota endura 55, but I'm not sure what length to get. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to build an aft casting platform, console lighting, and a proper power on/off switch. The center bench comes out but then I have nothing to hang on to so I am playing with the idea of having a grab bar made out of aluminum locally.

[/img]

Thanks for your help. By the way, I live in Connecticut and sight fish striped bass on the flats in Long Island Sound. I will be towing this skiff down to the Upper Keys then the Tampa Bay area the first week in May to fly fish.

·
BBA Counselor
7,136 Posts
well you can look at my thread in bragging spot to see how I'm doing it on my boat, but I'm not sure I would go that route on such a pretty boat unless you really need it on the front. If I were you I would look into a small auxillary motor bracket, like you see sometimes on sailboats, and bolt it to the transom on one side or the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts