Mount a poling platform

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by jt002, Aug 15, 2010.

1. jt002

jt002 I Love microskiff.com!

New to microskiff.com and just got my first boat which is an '03 Riverhawk B60. It came with a poling platform but no hardware to mount it.

I was looking around the web and found this picture of a B60 with poling platform mounting cups installed from the factory.

[​IMG]

Where do I find the hardware circled in red? I'd like to have cups or something similar so that I can remove the platform when not in use without anything stricking out of the deck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Dunno, but those look like rod holders to me.

3. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

either call the factory or almost any custom aluminum shop should be able to fix you up

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I don't think those are mountings for a platform. Those look like stainless steel rod holders, and you can see they are angled for trolling. Did your platform come with mounting bases welded on? post up a picture of your boat and platform for better help.

5. jt002

jt002 I Love microskiff.com!

6. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Don't know, but the thought of a sturdy removable poling platform is interesting. Let us know if you find out.

7. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

Hae you tried the factory?

8. You have those on your boats?