Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d post before I pull the trigger for a repower. Where are you doing your repowers? Specifically looking for prices on 60 and 70’s. Anyone know of factory leftovers?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just did the paperwork for a 2019 white Suzuki 60. Motor, gauges, controls, install, blah blah blah was 7,800.00

·
BBA Counselor
7,236 Posts
I just did the paperwork for a 2019 white Suzuki 60. Motor, gauges, controls, install, blah blah blah was 7,800.00
What gauge package was that, and from where? I got quoted $8200 from international marine for a white Zuke 60hp, with a NMEA2k network, C10 digital gauge, and SS prop. That was the cheapest I found for all that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mc_fly I did. I quoted everywhere and the Suzuki was the absolute cheapest.
I went with admiralty marine in Venice. Small mom and pop place but they’re awesome!

Firecat I went with just basic white face gauges and an aluminum prop so the prices prob aren’t that far off.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
162 Posts
If you are near Orlando. Check with Talon marine in Oviedo. I’ve had multiple people tell me he gave them great Suzuki prices.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What gauge package was that, and from where? I got quoted $8200 from international marine for a white Zuke 60hp, with a NMEA2k network, C10 digital gauge, and SS prop. That was the cheapest I found for all that.
Check with Atlantic Marine (Miami). They also do a bunch of Zuke repowers, and currently I feel like they're doing more than International... Maybe better price. Worth a call IMO.

·
BBA Counselor
7,236 Posts
Check with Atlantic Marine (Miami). They also do a bunch of Zuke repowers, and currently I feel like they're doing more than International... Maybe better price. Worth a call IMO.
Pretty sure I already hit them up and they were not close for the same money. The next closest in price was outboard specialties followed by diamond marine if memory serves, but they were $500+ more without the stainless prop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Considering you're going with a Yamaha, did you check with Karl Neiger / yamaha7man (instagram user name). He works for Central Marine in st pete? Just curious if you did cause that guy is MOVING engines...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Considering you're going with a Yamaha, did you check with Karl Neiger / yamaha7man (instagram user name). He works for Central Marine in st pete? Just curious if you did cause that guy is MOVING engines...
I did not check with them. The guys at Ellis were significantly lower than three other quotes and were very helpful so I pulled the trigger. Hopefully the rest of the process is smooth.

What amazed me most about motor shopping was the amount of dealers that would not return calls or emails.

·
BBA Counselor
7,236 Posts
Right!!!

I asked about dealers not returning emails and online inquiries, even though they have a form online, and got blasted as a young wippersnapper! They told me I have to call or go in person. Well sorry, but this is 2019, if you can't find enough time to respond to a texts/email/eform.... then you probably aren't getting my business!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts