Mitzi Skiff

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gheenoeguy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. gheenoeguy

gheenoeguy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about Mitzi Skiffs. They have a 15,16 and 17 foot. they don't need alot of power to run them. Could anyone thell me how this boat would handle a 2 foot chop and if I'm going to be soaked doing it. They run about 10 grand used.

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Tippy Skiff? ;D A friend has one. They are perfectly fine little skiffs. Very utilitarian, Float well, they will take a chop better than my 17T but that's not saying much. 2' "chop" would be rough, but most any skiff like that will be rough, unless you pony up the coin for an Egret. The biggest thing I didn't like was the cavern of death... or the large open area in the transom. I fell into it once. No a good feeling.

They are nice little skiffs for the money, but if you want to take a chop then you might want to look for a larger skiff.

Cheers

3. orlgheenoer

orlgheenoer Well-Known Member

gheenoes have a better finish then a mitzi, but other then that they are sweet lil boats.

4. gheenoeguy

gheenoeguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reviews.