SOLD/EXPIRED MinnKota Trim Tabs

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by swampfox, Aug 11, 2014.

1. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Are these no longer available? They seemed like a good product. And are much quiter than Lenco.

2. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

I don't think they are. I had them on my last skiff and love them. I like them better than the lencos on our current skiff.

3. Tkanatzar

Tkanatzar I Love microskiff.com!

I had them on my boat and they were horrible. They no longer make them for a reason.

4. swampfox

Squatch what were the issues you had with them?

5. Dpack10

Dpack10 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to find them. I have them on my Gen 1 Copperhead (Makin Moves old skiff) and they work flawlessly.

6. Tkanatzar

Tkanatzar I Love microskiff.com!

They are only able to be operated by remote. The remote did not function as it should depending on where you mounted the receiver. Minn kota does not make the remote or the units any longer. So if you do have them and need a remote you are outs of luck. They add about another 6" to your draft as well when they are engaged.

7. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

I had the regular tabs not the trolling motor tabs , which is what I believe you were asking about.Mine had the same dash mount switch like the lencos. I like the fact that when you turn the key off they don't go back up. I could get them dialed in and leave them.

8. swampfox

Yeah that's something I hate about Lenco tabs. Nothing like working hard to sneak up on some fish. Only to have em spook from that awful ratchiting sound. :mad:

BTW: I have no idea how I ended up posting this in the for sale section ::)

9. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

Swampfox and Makin moves,

Do you have the LED Indicator Switch or the Standard Switch? 

If you have the "Standard" Pad/Switch, you can disable the auto retract by clipping the Orange wire.

If you have the LED Indicator Switch, the orange wire is required and you, my friends are S.O.L...

10. swampfox

Dang it! Wish I would have asked that a few years back ;D my HB will be getting clipped.