Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what to do about a “Motor Error “ message on the remote for a Minn Kota Riptide? I’m out in the boat now without the manual. There is power to the unit. I pushed pair and it says Motor Not Found

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,523 Posts
Hold on, let me get my manual...

Assuming your remote battery is fresh and TM batts have good charge and batts are relatively new, it is either the remote or control board.

If TM beeps when you try to pair it, it is likely the remote...
Good luck and post up what you find out the issue is. FYI- control board is about $300

Reactions: BobGee

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry in advance.... :)

Is that anything like being
"up the creek without a paddle"?

or might try cutting the power and rebooting it.
It’s kind of like that. Conditions look great. Outgoing is starting. Oyster bars all around. Thanks for trying to help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I might just be jealous.
crappy weather (which I like :) )
and I'm home instead of out on the water somewhere.
It’s cloudy and trying to rain. I’m at St Marks.
Just wondering... have any of you guys managed to get everything on the boat working at the same time?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold on, let me get my manual...

Assuming your remote battery is fresh and TM batts have good charge and batts are relatively new, it is either the remote or control board.

If TM beeps when you try to pair it, it is likely the remote...
Good luck and post up what you find out the issue is. FYI- control board is about $300
TM beeps when I try to pair it. I’ve got power everywhere. Just got a new board on warranty about 2 months ago. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
It’s cloudy and trying to rain. I’m at St Marks.
Same conditions here.
According to the government 100% showers today, 50% chance tomorrow. Wind not to bad. These conditions help keep the riff-raft (people) down and allows getting a little closer to the fish.

If you really want to rub it in, post a pic :cool:

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
After 20 years of doing without a trolling motor at all - and poling day after day with customers on board my beat up old Maverick... I finally broke down and got a new TM - A Terrova, 24v. remote control model. It's been in place now for a few months and I'm really pleased with it - particularly the anchor lock function (at night we're getting bites on fly from tarpon up to 40lbs within 15 feet of the active anchor locked motor running constantly) .... Like I said, very pleased...

But, I still mount that pushpole every day - and I know as water temps fall and I start poling in places out of Chokoloskee and Flamingo where we're dragging bottom... that I'll be back poling again - and I'm only 71 years young...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know... but i think the posters on this thread (maybe not Jay) are close to being "geezers" :)
The Bobs it seems might have a little bit more hair than I but mine does have little bit of black still in it.
Hey I’m 72. But I should have taken the pole.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know... but i think the posters on this thread (maybe not Jay) are close to being "geezers" :)
The Bobs it seems might have a little bit more hair than I but mine does have little bit of black still in it.
It’s blonde

1 - 18 of 18 Posts