Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what to do about a “Motor Error “ message on the remote for a Minn Kota Riptide? I’m out in the boat now without the manual. There is power to the unit. I pushed pair and it says Motor Not Found

· I Love microskiff.com!
2,269 Posts
Hold on, let me get my manual...

Assuming your remote battery is fresh and TM batts have good charge and batts are relatively new, it is either the remote or control board.

If TM beeps when you try to pair it, it is likely the remote...
Good luck and post up what you find out the issue is. FYI- control board is about $300

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold on, let me get my manual...

Assuming your remote battery is fresh and TM batts have good charge and batts are relatively new, it is either the remote or control board.

If TM beeps when you try to pair it, it is likely the remote...
Good luck and post up what you find out the issue is. FYI- control board is about $300
TM beeps when I try to pair it. I’ve got power everywhere. Just got a new board on warranty about 2 months ago. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
6,001 Posts
After 20 years of doing without a trolling motor at all - and poling day after day with customers on board my beat up old Maverick... I finally broke down and got a new TM - A Terrova, 24v. remote control model. It's been in place now for a few months and I'm really pleased with it - particularly the anchor lock function (at night we're getting bites on fly from tarpon up to 40lbs within 15 feet of the active anchor locked motor running constantly) .... Like I said, very pleased...

But, I still mount that pushpole every day - and I know as water temps fall and I start poling in places out of Chokoloskee and Flamingo where we're dragging bottom... that I'll be back poling again - and I'm only 71 years young...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.