Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how long a 40 lbs thrust minn kota trolling motor should be able to run on a fully charged battery?

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,519 Posts
Middle of page, What is Amp Draw, shows you how to calculate average battery run times...

http://www.minn-kota.com/Minn-Kota-faq/Minn_Kota_FAQ.htm

What is Amp Draw?

• Amp draw is the measurement of electrical current drawn from a storage battery (or battery), while the trolling motor is being operated at maximum speed.
• Minn Kota 's published amp draw figures represent actual on the water conditions (with all of the motor 's wiring, switches and circuitry in the electrical system as the test measurement is taken).
• Approximate length of running time when operation a trolling motor at full power can be determined with a motor 's amp draw and the battery amp hour rating.
Example: A single 120 amp hour, 12 volt battery and a 12 volt trolling motor drawing 20 amps at the highest speed setting will run for about 3.4 hours.
• The formula for the calculation is as follows:

0.85 x A.H.R.  (A.H.R.= Battery Amp Hour Rating)
          M.A.D. (M.A.D. = Motor Amp Draw)               = Hours of running time.

• As the speed setting is reduced the motor amp draw is also reduced.
• A motor drawing 30 amps at high speed may only draw 5 amps at the slowest speed. The same motor that will theoretically run about 3.4 hours at high speed will run for over 20 hours at the slowest speed.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Group 24 Interstate Deep cycle 1.5 Hrs

40 Pound riptide WFO

Dave

·
Batteries Plus Sales/Service
18 Posts
Group 24 Interstate Deep cycle 1.5 Hrs

40 Pound riptide WFO

Dave
Interstate... ::)

What is with them sponsoring this site, now?

·
Batteries Plus Sales/Service
18 Posts
For advertising inquiries contact [email protected].
I'm not here to spam the site.

To be frank, I will be leaving Batteries Plus next week to go back to school. I don't really care either way.

It just seemed a little...fishy...that they would sponsor the site after my joining. Coincidence, I'm sure. Still odd...

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1996 Scout 192 Sportfish
4,962 Posts
Yes, because it's all about you... ;) ;D

We run multiple advertising campaigns from multiple companies. We try to stay true to the outdoors, boating and angling community. Some ads, like the one you mention, come from an outdoors media outlet we have contracted with.

Management.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts