Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki 20 HP DF20A on Shadowcast 16 running back bays of the Texas coast ie Sand/shell . The million dollar question , best prop ??
I have run a Power Tech SS 4 blade SRT 4r 9 - 1x cup measure 8.25 dia x 9 p max rpm 4900 maybe 19 mph - 2 guy and gear
Now running Solus 3 blade alum 9.25 x 9 1x cup -max rpm 6200 at 23mph same load
Anyone running 3 blade SS with cup?

comments please

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
67 Posts
I am running a Powertech SRT 3 Blade Stainless 9P on my 15 Merc EFI. Had my prop shop add max cup. Prop works great on my wrightwater 12.

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for for conformation info,SS 3 blade with 9 p I moving that direct

·
I Love microskiff.com!
67 Posts
Suzuki 20 HP DF20A on Shadowcast 16 running back bays of the Texas coast ie Sand/shell . The million dollar question , best prop ??
I have run a Power Tech SS 4 blade SRT 4r 9 - 1x cup measure 8.25 dia x 9 p max rpm 4900 maybe 19 mph - 2 guy and gear
Now running Solus 3 blade alum 9.25 x 9 1x cup -max rpm 6200 at 23mph same load
Anyone running 3 blade SS with cup?

comments please
Wanna sell the SRT4?

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes , would love to sell it , Power tech put a new hub in this spring , make me an offer!

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smackdaddy = Baumann Houston is the Prop shop I working with, But as Louis told it always trial & arrow with a propellers, Do you know the Jack Foreman,dwn in Port Lavaca?
Yes , would love to sell it , Power tech put a new hub in this spring , make me an offer!
Suzuki 10 spline hub

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,786 Posts
I have the PT 4 blade srt on my 20hp Tohatsu on a small tunnel like that. Heavily cupped by Jack Foreman. Its ok but looking to go up to a 12P 3blade and have Jack pound that out. It kind of depends what you are trying to do. I'm trying to go as shallow as I possibly can and get the skeg even with the bottom of the boat w/o losing grip. If you are doing that too, I would first consider getting a anti-ventilation plate like the stiffy. Something that extends forward towards the tunnel to grab more water. That alone will allow it to run much higher without slipping.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,746 Posts
Smackdaddy = Baumann Houston is the Prop shop I working with, But as Louis told it always trial & arrow with a propellers, Do you know the Jack Foreman,dwn in Port Lavaca?

Suzuki 10 spline hub
Yes, I know Louie and Jack. I deal with Jack because he’s close, specializes in shallow props and builds a badass prop.

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the PT 4 blade srt on my 20hp Tohatsu on a small tunnel like that. Heavily cupped by Jack Foreman. Its ok but looking to go up to a 12P 3blade and have Jack pound that out. It kind of depends what you are trying to do. I'm trying to go as shallow as I possibly can and get the skeg even with the bottom of the boat w/o losing grip. If you are doing that too, I would first consider getting a anti-ventilation plate like the stiffy. Something that extends forward towards the tunnel to grab more water. That alone will allow it to run much higher without slipping.
thank you, yes you correct, trying to go skinny. but we have to cover water/ distance , so that why went to the 3 Blade. I also agree Cav plate is required, Stiffy $$$and the Cougar Marine out of san Benito,TX are the two that was under consideration.

I plan to run the three blade prop for a while, I am going to purchase SS 3 blade 9.25'x 9P but your going to 12 P WOW!
this 20 Suz, when I brought had 400 HRs I put about 70 in a year . I just had a broke down ie carbon build up on the rings, but think its was due low RPM 1000 to 4000 rpm with the 4 blade 50 %
now I running ring free yamalube
i would like keep up with your progress, maybe Foreman the answer!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,786 Posts
thank you, yes you correct, trying to go skinny. but we have to cover water/ distance , so that why went to the 3 Blade. I also agree Cav plate is required, Stiffy $$$and the Cougar Marine out of san Benito,TX are the two that was under consideration.

I plan to run the three blade prop for a while, I am going to purchase SS 3 blade 9.25'x 9P but your going to 12 P WOW!
this 20 Suz, when I brought had 400 HRs I put about 70 in a year . I just had a broke down ie carbon build up on the rings, but think its was due low RPM 1000 to 4000 rpm with the 4 blade 50 %
I'm selling a cougar one right now. It is too wide for that diameter prop in my case. Happy to sell it to you if you want it. The Stiffy is narrower and I think better for this small of a prop. I would def keep a three blade and cup the S$%# out of it. I'm going 12 because it will be a 3 blade and Jack told me too. He knows more about props than I will ever know. The plate is what feeds the water to the prop. Without both, it cant run right.

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm selling a cougar one right now. It is too wide for that diameter prop in my case. Happy to sell it to you if you want it. The Stiffy is narrower and I think better for this small of a prop. I would def keep a three blade and cup the S$%# out of it. I'm going 12 because it will be a 3 blade and Jack told me too. He knows more about props than I will ever know. The plate is what feeds the water to the prop. Without both, it cant run right.
Cougar how much $ and wide and long is it ? it my fit cause the ankona has a shallow rectangle tunnel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Ankona Shadowcast 16
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K3 do you have glue on what it weight? so I can figure out cost to send it back to Houston

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Is this your home built skiff runnin’ skinny?😉

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts

Keep up ring free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts