Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I will say it's interesting how much dislike is coming out about Pate.

The old salty guides used to roll their eyes about Billy taking a tarpon for a walk because he didn't pull on fish. But the recent discussions around class tippet strength and length got interesting.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
388 Posts
I will say it's interesting how much dislike is coming out about Pate.

The old salty guides used to roll their eyes about Billy taking a tarpon for a walk because he didn't pull on fish. But the recent discussions around class tippet strength and length got interesting.
if you haven't, you should read "Lords of the Fly" by Monte Burke....more stuff on Billy's antics...

·
waterman 16
445 Posts
Oh, I’ve gotten Dale fired up plenty of times. It’s possible.

Even the Andy podcast, do you have any idea how much of an a-hole he was during tournaments back in the day? He used to chase down guides after load out that he thought got too close during fishing time. Where’s that side of him being talked about, or even Joe Rod - he’s the biggest firecracker of all about other guides making dumb decisions. Just far too many softball underhand questions being asked.
Yep, Joe is definitely "Murphy Trained". "Is that you Joe? YOU'RE TOO CLOSE. GET YOUR A$$ BACK" LMAO

That's why the guys I know arrive at the Lorelei 2 minutes before deadline and leave 2 minutes later!!! Stay away from the round table!

·
Registered
125 Posts
You should start a podcast and call it “Chocolate”. 💩
I do a podcast. It's called Bob's Morning Coffee Log. It usually drops every morning around 5:30.

But seriously, thought the Stanczyk podcast was awesome...Podcasts by nature are imperfect. If they were perfect they would be scripted, and that's what we are trying to avoid. Nicky and Andy are doing a great service to our sport. Very grateful for what they are doing.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
I do a podcast. It's called Bob's Morning Coffee Log. It usually drops every morning around 5:30.

But seriously, thought the Stanczyk podcast was awesome...Podcasts by nature are imperfect. If they were perfect they would be scripted, and that's what we are trying to avoid. Nicky and Andy are doing a great service to our sport. Very grateful for what they are doing.
And they have PRIDE!
I’m getting pretty sick of it all, no one is immune to criticism. You should be careful what you “like” these days. And to anyone that wants to tell me I’m out of line for addressing this you know what to do.

66634D4B-6A64-4A8E-8716-9786B8797AC2.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
And they have PRIDE!
I’m getting pretty sick of it all, no one is immune to criticism. You should be careful what you “like” these days. And to anyone that wants to tell me I’m out of line for addressing this you know what to do.

View attachment 176062
What’s your issue with the Patagonia Instagram post, and Millhouse hitting the like button?

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
What’s your issue with the Patagonia Instagram post, and Millhouse hitting the like button?
What’s your issue with me and which banned member are you? I think you need to either ignore me or stop your bullshit now.
Being gay is no reason for anyone to have a holiday, a parade or definitely not to be taught in school to our children.

·
Registered
125 Posts
And they have PRIDE!
What millhouse.podcast likes or don't like on a social media platform, I don't care. Mill House has recorded a lot of fly fishing history.

Before one gets that judgy on a topic, they should at least try it, so they will know what they are talking about. Book a trip to Key West for the next Fantasy Fest. Bet you will have a good time. It will be good therapy for ya. Just saying.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Whoah, I just liked a post by Tailing Permit and agree with him on something. Never in a million years thought that would happen... and it's a good analogy to the Millhouse Like, I liked TP's post..... still don't like TP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What’s your issue with me and which banned member are you? I think you need to either ignore me or stop your bullshit now.
Being gay is no reason for anyone to have a holiday, a parade or definitely not to be taught in school to our children.
It's pretty difficult to ignore you when you post ignorant bs. It's one thing to criticize a big corporate entity for doing the easy stuff and making gestures of solidarity on social media without doing anything of substance to address underlying issues, but that's not what's happening here and Patagonia is one of the few big companies that puts their money where their mouth is.

It's fine to criticize someone for a difference of opinion - let's debate the merits of different knots, fly gear, or skiffs, etc. all day - but history has shown us that this is much more than a difference of opinion. What you're doing is punching down and you simply don't like that the tide has shifted and people push back on your bigotry (being gay being taught in school? Get a freaking grip).

I hope the irony of you complaining about being criticized for being critical isn't lost on you, because it sure as heck didn't skip past me.

·
Administrator
277 Posts
And they have PRIDE!

View attachment 176062
I know exactly what to do, thanks.
-Philip

241 - 260 of 264 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.