Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just watched the one with Will Benson again. Pizza delivery guy was mentioned towards the end. Mainly, he and his brother did a really good thing , keeping the super cruise ships out of Key West.
Mr. Pizza Delivery Guy.

I did a podcast, have at it...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
746 Posts
Something a little different. New one with Mr Stancyzk(sic). Some fly fishing for bonefish, Bud’N’Marys is OG, and he doesn’t want to get political about lost of the big bones, but does.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2013 Towee Rivermaster SRO
59 Posts
I thought it was a good podcast. So far, all the ones I’ve listened to have been very well done.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
341 Posts
This is a great podcast, just discovered it about 2 weeks ago. I dread the day that I "catch up" and have to wait for the next one.

What Andy has done is very valuable, the thought that these legends could have faded away without such documentation and attention to their experiences is depressing.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
This is a great podcast, just discovered it about 2 weeks ago. I dread the day that I "catch up" and have to wait for the next one.

What Andy has done is very valuable, the thought that these legends could have faded away without such documentation and attention to their experiences is depressing.
Andy plays a big role in the podcasts but I think his son Nicky was the one that had the idea to interview and document these legends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Andy plays a big role in the podcasts but I think his son Nicky was the one that had the idea to interview and document these legends.
It’s too vanilla, the only podcast that got close to going off the rails was the one with Dustin where Andy is teasing him about his arrest record. The Dale Perez one was terrible, that guy has absolutely amazing stories to tell but there’s a reason we call him Capt Grumpy.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
It’s too vanilla, the only podcast that got close to going off the rails was the one with Dustin where Andy is teasing him about his arrest record. The Dale Perez one was terrible, that guy has absolutely amazing stories to tell but there’s a reason we call him Capt Grumpy.
Ok

·
waterman 16
445 Posts
Richard has led an amazing life...just ask him. I, too, was disappointed in the Dale Perez drop. He's got a ton of stuff, but how would anyone get a good interview with Dale? lol They should dig up Jimmy Lozar....now that might be spicy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Richard has led an amazing life...just ask him. I, too, was disappointed in the Dale Perez drop. He's got a ton of stuff, but how would anyone get a good interview with Dale? lol They should dig up Jimmy Lozar....now that might be spicy.
Oh, I’ve gotten Dale fired up plenty of times. It’s possible.

Even the Andy podcast, do you have any idea how much of an a-hole he was during tournaments back in the day? He used to chase down guides after load out that he thought got too close during fishing time. Where’s that side of him being talked about, or even Joe Rod - he’s the biggest firecracker of all about other guides making dumb decisions. Just far too many softball underhand questions being asked.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh, I’ve gotten Dale fired up plenty of times. It’s possible.

Even the Andy podcast, do you have any idea how much of an a-hole he was during tournaments back in the day? He used to chase down guides after load out that he thought got too close during fishing time. Where’s that side of him being talked about, or even Joe Rod - he’s the biggest firecracker of all about other guides making dumb decisions. Just far too many softball underhand questions being asked.
Yeah I agree there's lots of good stories that are left out there. It's good to get some of the older guys talking though.

I doubt you're going to get much controversy though as it's bad for business. Evans was the only one to let it rip because he doesn't care about what people think.

·
Registered
‘07 B2
150 Posts
I wish they would let the conversations develop and stop scripting it for an hour. There’s so much there and they just jump to the next question. Otherwise, great podcast. Glad they are putting it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish they would let the conversations develop and stop scripting it for an hour. There’s so much there and they just jump to the next question. Otherwise, great podcast. Glad they are putting it out.
It was a lot like that for the most recent one, mostly because rich controlled the narrative.

221 - 240 of 264 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.