Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I know they are making the rounds on the people who were early on in starting the game - the legends, to get their stories documented in this format. And then they are making the rounds on the tournament players since there is a level of respect there.

I'd love to see this branch out more and bring in Chris from HB or Hal, though I wouldn't want it to be an ad, but more of a history of and evolution of how skiffs changed the game and being refined. I think since Andy just got his Chittum that there is one on the way with Hal.

I'd also really enjoy one with Aaron Adams to get an angler / science discussion. Aaron is one of a kind.

And while it is great to hear how basic some of the boats and tactics were in the early days, I really can't wait to see if they branch out to the Bahamas, Mexico and Belize to capture some of the history there as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I know they are making the rounds on the people who were early on in starting the game - the legends, to get their stories documented in this format. And then they are making the rounds on the tournament players since there is a level of respect there.

I'd love to see this branch out more and bring in Chris from HB or Hal, though I wouldn't want it to be an ad, but more of a history of and evolution of how skiffs changed the game and being refined. I think since Andy just got his Chittum that there is one on the way with Hal.

I'd also really enjoy one with Aaron Adams to get an angler / science discussion. Aaron is one of a kind.

And while it is great to hear how basic some of the boats and tactics were in the early days, I really can't wait to see if they branch out to the Bahamas, Mexico and Belize to capture some of the history there as well.

All great ideas. Have you sent them a message with a suggestion for those topics? I seem to remember a mention of someone from the Bahamas as a person of interest and hopeful for a future interview.

I sent them a message through instagram a few months ago suggesting Ted "Tibor" Juracsik. Whoever replied informed me that he was already on the "list" and I cannot wait to hear his story through Andy and Nicky.

I would also like to see them branch out to other fisheries besides Florida as well.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
All great ideas. Have you sent them a message with a suggestion for those topics? I seem to remember a mention of someone from the Bahamas as a person of interest and hopeful for a future interview.

I sent them a message through instagram a few months ago suggesting Ted "Tibor" Juracsik. Whoever replied informed me that he was already on the "list" and I cannot wait to hear his story through Andy and Nicky.

I would also like to see them branch out to other fisheries besides Florida as well.
Yep, I sent Nicky a few ideas for people - a few are on the list.

Ted would be awesome as well.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
335 Posts
off-topic from the Millhouse, but here's a great book that digs some into the beginnings of the Bahamian fishery:
Body of Water: A Sage, a Seeker, and the World's Most Alluring Fish: Dombrowski, Chris: 9781571313522: Amazon.com: Books

April Vokey's "Anchored" podcast, Episode 62, she interviews Aaron Adams, it's good.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
off-topic from the Millhouse, but here's a great book that digs some into the beginnings of the Bahamian fishery:
Body of Water: A Sage, a Seeker, and the World's Most Alluring Fish: Dombrowski, Chris: 9781571313522: Amazon.com: Books

April Vokey's "Anchored" podcast, Episode 62, she interviews Aaron Adams, it's good.
Yeah, but then I'd have to listen to April Vokey.... :)
Just kidding - there used to be a long running flame thread on the Drake forum (some of you may have been there for it) where even April would post about people talking crap about her. It was amusing.

Thanks for the recommendation. I recently read Lord of the Fly - absolutely awesome read. HIGHLY recommended.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just kidding - there used to be a long running flame thread on the Drake forum (some of you may have been there for it) where even April would post about people talking crap about her. It was amusing.

Thanks for the recommendation. I recently read Lord of the Fly - absolutely awesome read. HIGHLY recommended.
That’s in the way back time machine - before lots of these people were even fly fishing.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,926 Posts

I just got that book last week. Great so far. April is easy on the eyes and can fish. That spey cast...

·
Registered
229 Posts
These podcasts aren’t easy to produce. I know some of the names mentioned have already been recorded but yet to have been produced. Im glad Nicky and Andy aren’t half assing shit by just pushing product to market, they’re doing a great job producing a top-notch product. keep up the good work, guys!
I noticed that one of the episodes I listed to as soon as it came out had some outdated information, which kinda gave me the timeline of how long it took to get from recording the interview to publishing it. As you mentioned, it is a process, I'm sure. I am thankful to be able to hear the stories of a lot of these legends.

I wish Jose Wejebe could be interviewed. :cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got that book last week. Great so far. April is easy on the eyes and can fish. That spey cast...
"... easy on the eyes ...", like you read about! If AV had a video presentation like MillHouse her subscribers would double overnight!

With that said, I've got some catchin' up to do, I'm about a year and a half behind on her podcasts ... the latest talks include some interesting topics pertaining to my side of the world.

Her earlier discusssions include Chico, Andy, Loomis, Rajeff, Bartchi, Juracsik, Joan Wulff, and as someone said earlier Aaron Adams.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread but the only two podcasts I've listen to at any great length is MillHouse and Anchored Outdoors.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good to hear someone else emailed about Aaron Adams and Chris Morejohn. Nicky replied when I made those suggestions and did mention the logistical issues involved. Hopefully they can get those guys on. Either way I'm enjoying what they're putting out there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good to hear someone else emailed about Aaron Adams and Chris Morejohn. Nicky replied when I made those suggestions and did mention the logistical issues involved. Hopefully they can get those guys on. Either way I'm enjoying what they're putting out there.
I understand about the logistical issues, but I am glad they do their interviews in person. The audio quality seems so much better on the podcasts that have in-person recordings as opposed to those that put a microphone next to a speaker that is bluetoothed to their cell phone call.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,926 Posts
Funny you mention that, I was thinking earlier that virtual meetings might work for people who aren't local or are out of town etc.. you're right though, the in person conversations are better.
Of course they are. People need to cut the shit with all the virtual meetings. It’s making people think they can use the crap that’s going on as an excuse to gloss over real life.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like the Milhouse crew needs to take a couple of out of town fishing trips and visit some interviewees in addition to inviting a couple of interviewees to come and fish with them.

Either way, it's probably things that are on the edge of their radar for plans to take place once they exhaust their local topics/people.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts