Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys haven’t yet, I would highly recommend listening to episode 1 on the podcast. Andy and Nicky Mill talk with the man himself Steve Huff! Worth the listen for sure.

I listened to it on Apple podcast, but they’re streaming on many othersincluding you tube.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
338 Posts
great listen...

G

·
If you guys haven’t yet, I would highly recommend listening to episode 1 on the podcast. Andy and Nicky Mill talk with the man himself Steve Huff! Worth the listen for sure.

I listened to it on Apple podcast, but they’re streaming on many othersincluding you tube.
I love the stories about Steve getting pulled overboard and goin on those "Sleigh rides".

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,383 Posts
Shaking Steve's hand is like shaking an old crusty, weathered leather baseball glove (only smaller). He's seen a lot of years up there on the poling platform. He's rusted and weathered but can still out pole, and out smart the best of them. He doesn't talk much out there or in public, but when he does, I listen. I loved my chances I've had to pick his brain. Last time was about 3 yrs ago. Hope I run into him again soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
… the Mill/Huff podcast was indeed interesting & funny … can't believe I watched the entire show at one sitting, that's a big deal from someone who does not watch TV … I expect some cool guests with entertaining stories for the future Mill House podcasts … maybe even guests with eye-opening (future) facts concerning the environmental concerns in Florida, that the rest of the country needs to hear! ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im glad you guys shared this. I had given up on "fly fishing" podcasts a little while back. Being newer to fly fishing I was getting a sour taste from listening to people act like they knew what they were talking about when in reality, they have no clue, all the while just trying to force their agenda on you. Hearing Steve Huff's stories were a delight and his humility is incredible considering his accomplishments and very refreshing considering all the egos today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Enjoyed the show, plan to listen to more. Huff and Mill have been inspirations of mine. I hadn't been aware of the Jimmy Buffet "Tarpon Film" mentioned though. I found a trailer of it; anybody know where you can watch the full film online?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I looked for it once and think I remember you have to buy it off amazon video. Forgot about it, but like you the podcast has me wanting to watch it.

Enjoyed the show, plan to listen to more. Huff and Mill have been inspirations of mine. I hadn't been aware of the Jimmy Buffet "Tarpon Film" mentioned though. I found a trailer of it; anybody know where you can watch the full film online?

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
316 Posts
Buffet just did the music. It’s great because he doesn’t sing. The dvd is 30 bucks on amazon.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts