SOLD/EXPIRED Micro Skiff Wanted

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by JappyFish, Mar 3, 2014.

1. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

Looking for micro skiff 15'-17' cc with 50hp max. Price range between 7k-11k.

2. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

If it helps, I am in the Florida area for a job for the next 5 or 6 months...

3. northbayangler

northbayangler I Love microskiff.com!

Here is my skiff for sale
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/4331358730.html

4. rw29914

rw29914 I Love microskiff.com!

JappyFish - sent you a PM

5. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

Nice skiff mtpockets..Looking for something a little bigger though. Trying to go with the one and done. Of course I'm not sure if that's ever possible with a boat...

6. Stormchaser

Stormchaser I Love microskiff.com!

This may sound insane, but since you're on a forum designed for assisting others in selling micro skiffs, and you are looking to buy a micro skiff, why not just look around? If a member here has a micro for sale, I'm guessing they'll post it for sale here. Otherwise, you're going to have folks posting their skiffs in this thread, which are already posted for sale here on this very forum, and then you determine whether or not you like their sled. No offense, seems a bit lazy on your part. They've already done the work for you by posting their skiff for sale right here.
    Just look around.

7. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Could use a little more info too. For instance, skinny skiff or something with vee, livewell/baitwell required, capacity, age range, and specific things you gotta have or can't stand.

8. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

Fishhead,

Just need to defend myself on this one. I've looked all over the forum and just haven't found the skiff for me. I've also been to every boat show that I can find in Florida.

I don't think I'm being lazy, I am just asking for help. There are so many available skiffs out there and I am just trying to narrow down the decision.

9. Stormchaser

It's all good, I get it. But think about it for a second. If anyone HERE had a skiff for sale, it'd be listed HERE. Hell, people post random skiffs they find on Craigslist here. If we know about it, it's listed here.

And think about MTPockets. Takes time out of his day to post his in your thread, even though it's ALREADY listed here, and you shoot it down. Not blaming you for shooting it down if it's not what you're looking for, but why ask when the info is right here already? And like Gramps said, you gave limited info, too. Had your post been more informative, MTPockets may have known not to bother.

It's all good though. It's not as bad as seeing "WTB Lostmen" right above a thread titled "Lostmen for sale" lol.

10. Lt25

Lt25 I Love microskiff.com!

There are plenty of skiffs out there for sale that never get listed anywhere let alone on this forum.  Think about all the posts where people can't figure out how to post pics so I know there are skiffs out there someone is selling that hasn't listed it yet.  Plus think about all the times when someone MIGHT see a skiff parked somewhere on the road or at a business.

Don't bust a guys balls just for asking for some help.  If you don't know of a skiff for sale than just read on!

11. Stormchaser

If it isn't listed here already, it's because nobody here knows about it. 

You think it's a fair shake to a guy like MTPockets, who's already listed his micro skiff for sale on the proper forum, to waste his time telling this guy about it, just to be shot down?  Silly.

If you are gonna post a "wanted to purchase" thread on a forum, at least give some info to narrow the field and prevent people from wasting their time telling you about their skiff that you don't want.

12. Stormchaser

But just for kicks, after thorough research (read: looked down an inch on the "Microskiffs for Sale" page)...

Here.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/4352541299.html

It has a 60, but otherwise, fits the description given.

13. Stormchaser

And another on the first page...

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1389712556

14. Stormchaser

http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/boa/4349085069.html

15. Stormchaser

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1382991954

16. Stormchaser

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=839193

17. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

Gramps,

I'll post a few details tomorrow to narrow it down. Sorry about that. been working all day.

18. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

Additional information which might help narrow results.

-Center console or tiller
    -Poling platform
    -Beam of at least 60"
    -Good Working order
    - Small v just to cut through big water before hitting up flats/creeks
    -3 to 4 person capacity
    -07 to Present year

Things that are nice to have but I don't necessarily need are: trolling motor/livewell

19. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Good deal Jappy! That'll just help us suggest skiffs.

I would say you could buy mine but it's older than 2007. ;D

20. JappyFish

JappyFish You fish brah?

If it's in good condition I'm always willing to look.

I just worry about hull damage etc. for the older boats. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely good ones our there though!