Micro Battery Suggestions

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by Shadowcast, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

I need a cranking battery for the ShadowCast. Got a 20 hp electric start. I want to keep the weight down and the size to a minimum. I have an idea of what I want but looking for but was looking for some other possible suggestions. Thanks!

2. PLANKTON7

PLANKTON7 I Love microskiff.com!

if you want the best, get odyssey.

3. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

^ this
    Or a $40 lawnmower battery lol

4. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

odyssey 310 is sub 6 pounds. If it will start a CBR900 it will start your 20hp ;D. Does your motor have a alternater? I have a super small odyssey for a starter on my 60 Honda. Its was so light(20#s?) I have in the back of the boat. But my Honda has a alternator. I think my batt is for a PWC or something.

5. Shadowcast

It's a 20 yamaha 4 stroke

6. JBMitziSkiff

JBMitziSkiff Ninja balance is the key... for a poling platfrom

Yeah your Yammy has a high output alternator. it should charge that battery swampfox has just fine. That is a great battery that is lightweight.

7. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I use an odyssey on my 50hp Yamaha. It also runs a power pole, trim tabs, bilge pump, nav lights and a fish finder. Nice small battery.

8. DAVE_THOMAS

DAVE_THOMAS I Love microskiff.com!

i use a ballistic evo2 8-cell battery to start my 15hp suzuki four stroke with no problems.it is so small and weighs 1.5lbs you and your boat wont even know its there.i have mine mounted to the transom.

9. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

I have a Odyssey PC545 on my skiff. It weighs 12.6lbs and has never let me down, even on 4-5 day trips. I run trim tabs, running lights and the bilge pump on this battery.

You can get them for around $135..

10. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Mine is actually a pc925 @ 26lbs. It runs my boat,all electrics and power pole all day long. I would run what Snookdaddy has if you can get by with it. I have a bigger boat with a lot of chit in it. Like radio,garmin. lots of lights inside and out. By the way Sears Platinium batteries are rebadge Oddysey. And have a better warranty. And cost much less. I found this out AFTER I paid $220 for mine :mad:

11. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Now this is intriguing ... :)

12. Shadowcast

I picked up an Odyssey pc680 battery on Amazon. $100 after shipping.

13. Capnredfish

Capnredfish Well-Known Member

Ran the 12lb odd mentioned above on my B2 for years. Now I run an interstate same size with no problem.

14. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

15. edmiears

edmiears Matthew 4:19

http://www.amazon.com/PERFORMANCE-12-CELL-MOTORCYCLE-BATTERY/dp/B005KLOYHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355193242&sr=8-1&keywords=BALLISTIC+PERFORMANCE+LITHIUM+EVO2+12V+12+CELL

I have this and will share some results soon...

16. Dustyb78

Dustyb78 I Love microskiff.com!

I've been running a lithium ion from ( Alien motion batteries) for about 9 months with no issues. its a 12 cell lithium Ion battery that weighs less than 3 pounds. It starts my 700 cc twin cylinder all day long. Their website says the 8 cell will crank up to 1000 cc engines but I wanted more security.