SOLD/EXPIRED miami craigslist Banshee tiller

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by jones4tone, Jun 26, 2012.

1. jones4tone

jones4tone I Love microskiff.com!

not mine.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/3101781403.html

2. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I have seen this same boat for sale in different parts of the state over the past year. There are two gel coat issues  with large repairs on the stern and one on the deck where you would install trim tabs. The seller at the time said the gelcoat was repaired because the boat used to have trolling tabs and they were removed. That does not make sense because rangers have internal tabs wells built into the hull so why install external tabs even if they are trolling tabs. The seller at the time also said that the deck gelcoat issues were factory defects and were repaired by a factory rep however the defects were on the hatches. Knowing ranger they would have replaced the hatches rather than repair them. The seller at the time also said he knew little about the engine and that he assumed there were very low hours. I cant recall the exact number stated but I want to say it was in the 30's.

It now looks like someone bought the boat and is trying to get rid of it after finding all the issues. The used boat market is very risky if you dont know what you are looking at.

3. PVredfisher

PVredfisher Well-Known Member

I have some pics on my computer from a while ago of a banshee for sale looks like the same one and it did have trolling tabs. I have it because at the time i was looking for ideas how to set mine up. So some of the story may be true...but I don't know just thought i would throw it out there

heres a pic
    [​IMG]

4. Sheremeta

I would say its the same boat but different trailer.

5. Kane_Thorp

Kane_Thorp I Love catching reds!!

This same boat was forsale for 7995 2 months ago........ I was thinking about getting it but decided not to.

6. lance_d

lance_d I Love microskiff.com!

That's the same boat ! State farm stolen recovery ! I buy boats all over they jacked the tabs , jack plate and they found the motor runs like a champ ! I had the best glass guy in broward do it up in carbon fiber ! Has a billet extension ! New sea deck on order ! Brand new 24/80 going to be installed when I put the new sea deck on !

7. Sheremeta

so this is your boat? I hate thieves....

8. lance_d

Yea ! It's mine and I will have another at the end of August ! Both 2005 ! I hate thieves to ! I buy a lot of boats for fun and fix them up ! I have 4 boats now !

9. Sheremeta

Buying and selling boats is cool, plus you can use them while you are selling them. If I had the storage I would do it too. I looked at this boat when it was 8k too but the story behind it scared me off. What happened to that nice 2k trailer before the theft and why didnt you post it on here for sale?

10. lance_d

It's got a continental trailer I put a breakaway tongue on it! I just , had my girl put it on Craig's for now ! How do you put picts on this site ? The surf jet was mine , Hydrasport bay was mine ! Not in any hurry to sell it ! My boy has this new snow camo sea deck it's insane waiting on it to get here then I will put it on ! Shallow water customs is the best shop around for custom installs ! Ask for bob ! They do some cool stuff !

11. Sheremeta

You need to open a photo bucket account (www.photobucket.com) upload photos there and post the image links in your sales post here. I thought about buying your surfjet but I will never use it. I still recall seeing them in popular mechanics back in 1994-95 and thinking how cool of an idea.

Can shallow water cut a dolphin logo in the seadek?

12. lance_d

They can have anything done or get it done ! They fix trolling motors , install power poles , tallons ,glass work , stereo , subs ! Anything on flats boats ! Fake wood sea deck is sick ! I did a lake n bay with grey wood with brush look black grooves ! Sold the surf jet 2hrs ago

13. mikeshows

mikeshows I Love microskiff.com!

all the mentioned above defects fixed ?

14. lance_d

Yea ! It's going in the shop to put sea deck in either next week or Monday after the forth ! The whole front and rear deck , it's a new color called snow camo ,white ,with lite grey, almost chocolate patches it's sick !! And going to take the 12v motor off and put a new 24/80 auto pilot on !, I just had the back cooler seat recovered and it's a plumed livewell , and 2 brand new tires, and cut the tongue and put a breakaway on to DIY in my garage !

15. mhinkle90

mhinkle90 Let it scream!!!

WaxALot I don't think you have a . on your keyboard all I see are !

haha nice sled

16. lance_d

....................................lol

17. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

Hey waxalot. If I remember correctly this boat has some type of thru hull drain for the rear compartments. I have the same boat and always get water in there. Can you take a close up of what exactly they are. Thanks.

18. lance_d

Send me your number!

19. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

I sent my number