Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am running a 2018 Mercury 50 HP Four stroke and was interested in any opinions of the Vesselview monitoring system and Bluetooth capability of the system? I currently have no hour meter so I’m logging hours by trip in a log book, which is not completely accurate due to running on my TM as well as drifting and poling. I saw this system recently advertised and my interest grew. If the OB is still under warranty does it have to be installed by a Mercury dealer or can I install it myself without issue of voiding the warranty? Any opinions of Vesselview are appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered it since it’s PnP for my motor and downloaded the app for use, but still waiting on Mercury to process the order. The app is intuitive and user friendly, so now all that remains is to literally install it. I looked at installing an hour meter myself, and also got a quote from a local shop but he wanted just as much. I reviewed all the literature on Vesselview and it doesn’t effect the warranty, so it seemed like an ideal solution with additional features and can also serve as a benchmark for vessel speed, RPMs, etc... that an hour meter alone couldn’t specify. I will update this thread once installed if others are interested.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered a Vessel View unit for my 2019 Mercury 4-stroke 60hp with command thrust lower unit... I just received the Vessel View unit the other day but I'm waiting to get my skiff back from having some cosmetic glass work done. I'll also post feedback once I get it installed and out on the water.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
90C64E7E-DCE4-49A9-AFC4-1EB0C935A31A.jpeg I ordered and installed the VesselView into my 50 without a hitch last week. It synced as designed with the app and gives all data as advertised. I put a pair of muffs on the lower unit and tested it in the driveway. It is an uneventful install on those motors designed with it in my mind and required only a few zip ties to get it to nestle into place. I am hoping for some better weather this weekend to put it through it’s paces and get a better understanding of how my outboard is running. Overall, I’m impressed with the system and data being relayed to the app.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts