Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there suppose to be gas in the cup that the filter sits in?my engine has been stalling every now and then when in nuetral.seems like a fuel system issue.so i changed the plugs today and looked in the cup and there was no gas but the engine runs.its connected to the cranking system.thanks rob

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under further investigation theres nothing hooked up to it gas line runs straight to carb. What the hells that about anyone seen this?looks like previous owner bypassed the filter

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yes, the previous owner of my current motor did the same thing. The guy was a bit of an idiot, hence the price I got the motor for. ;D

The carb had tons of gunk in it, almost blocking the jet. Now it runs great!

Here's a pic of the mis-routed fuel line. Look familiar? ::)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup same setup except my guel filter is hanging in the pic,gonna replace that today i guess. How was cleaning the carb? Pretty easy?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yeah, the guy removed it. ::) I bought a new one.

The carb is easy. I'd recommend buying a rebuild kit like I linked to below. It comes with all new gaskets, seals, fuel pump components, jet, needle valve, springs, etc...
http://www.ishopmarine.com/ishop/js...nown&reqph=Unknown&reqItemCode=MM-13958237072

One thing to keep in mind, those kits typically don't come with a new float, so if you think you might need to replace your old one, buy it separately. I'm kinda OCD, so I like to replace everything while I've got it apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts