Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Mercury Carb Question

2107 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  lawnservice321
I have a 96 25hp mercury, it has been sitting for a few years and it seems like the gaskets need to be replaced on the carb. Gas seems to be coming out of everywhere on the thing.
It has a manual choke. I found a 2000 mercury carb that looks the same except it seems to have electric choke on it. My question is can I install this new carb and use the electric choke somehow or can I take the electric choke off and put my manual on that one? any input would be appreciated. Thanks
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,817 Posts
Question: Is the carb from the 2000 Merc freshly rebuilt? If not, you may have to rebuild the 2000 carb before installation and costing you an additional $50, plus the fact that you have to rig the electric choke.

I would get the rebuild kit, tear down your carb, rebuild and you'll have an "like new", fresh rebuilt carb with the manual choke.

You should get a manual if you don't have one. Carbs are not hard to rebuild if you have a manual.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.