Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Mercury Carb Question

2109 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  lawnservice321
I have a 96 25hp mercury, it has been sitting for a few years and it seems like the gaskets need to be replaced on the carb. Gas seems to be coming out of everywhere on the thing.
It has a manual choke. I found a 2000 mercury carb that looks the same except it seems to have electric choke on it. My question is can I install this new carb and use the electric choke somehow or can I take the electric choke off and put my manual on that one? any input would be appreciated. Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it would be best to rebuild the original but I can get this other carb for $50 and just bolt and go if it all works out with it being electric choke. And I can rebuild this other one later down the road. I just am unsure if I can take off the electric choke and convert it to manual choke or if I can utilize the electric. For the price I might just give it a try.

· I Love microskiff.com!
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It makes sense to just rebuild this one, I was messing with it today and the gas seems to just be coming out of the side piece that compresses when the choke is pulled out. The piece in there probably just dried out from it sitting so long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.