Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
~Skiffs Rock~
2016 Lagoon Skiff by A&L Fiberglass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Merc 30 hp tiller with electric start and tilt. Awhile back it had to sit for a number of months while I was sick. It developed a strange quirk where 1) it starts and idles fine, 2) I idle out, 3) I power up and about 20-30 seconds in, the alarm goes off and it shuts itself down into "limp mode" ... I stop, shut it down, restart and power up. That's it. Next day. same thing, same sequence of events - like Groundhog Day for my motor.

I did a hard reset of the computer, and the next time I went out it didn't do it. Then the next time? Right back into the old habit.

Anyone know what's happening here?

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
My guess: Sounds like a fuel issue...change the bulb on the gas line..had similar problem on a 20 merc

·
~Skiffs Rock~
2016 Lagoon Skiff by A&L Fiberglass
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I would have thought that too, but it happens once a day and that's it. I don't want to "misunderstimate" the idea that it's a computer code, but it's time to work my way through the fuel supply for sure. PS - we can find non-ethanol in Texas and that's all I use (it's a 60-mile round trip for me to get it so I stock up when I go). THANKS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts