Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
7,061 Posts
Outside of the dealers themselves the only place I have consistently found parts is Boats.net

Gotta warn you though, you may be waiting a while.

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Outside of the dealers themselves the only place I have consistently found parts is Boats.net

Gotta warn you though, you may be waiting a while.
This. I waited almost a month once for a carb jet from boats.net

·
Brandon, FL
10,518 Posts
If you are looking for parts for the motor you recently picked up, that is going to be tough as most of the part have been obsolete for several years.

You are going to need to get a good source for schematic and a list of motor junkyards.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Ducknut, yep, it is for that motor I bought. I've talked to the boat.net people. They've said they don't have the parts...but cane get them. To me, that translates into, "they'll buy them from somewhere else, mark up the price, then sell it to me." I don't like middle men!

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,516 Posts
Better you than me, oyster...I've done my time tearing down parts motors.
Very few marine salvage yards that deal with used outboards.

Have you tried these guys? http://www.marinepartsoutlet.com/

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better you than me, oyster...I've done my time tearing down parts motors.
Very few marine salvage yards that deal with used outboards.

Have you tried these guys? http://www.marinepartsoutlet.com/
Nope but I will give them a call too. I'm flip-flopping all over the place these days. Today alone I changed my mind 3 times, remote > tiller > remote. I called 3 different places too.

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
Remote!!!
Deep down you know u want to!..
If youve ever taken apart a brokn tiller arm you'll know that a tiller isnt really "more simple, less parts to break"..
Its about the same, minus the arm cramps and you got somethin to hold onto with a steering wheel.

I was reading a thread on the hull truth about people that have experienced rays jumping while the vessel was under way and taking peoples heads off and stuff. Makes me glad I got a console to hide behind ;D

·
just try to follow me....i dare ya...
528 Posts
what merc parts do you need?? i have a couple of mercs sitting up..and i have a merc mechanic that has a pretty good collection of parts motors...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts