Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 9.9 (4 cycle) on the cheep and wondering if there is a way to confirm that the head gasket on the engine is the right one short of ordering a new one to compare with.
Took the engine apart and was unable to find just where water was entering to mix with the oil.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got that, even bought the mercury service manual.
new gasket is after shipping around $50.00 and most likely not returnable so was hoping that there might be a actual size pic of the gasket (or drawing) that I could print out to check the current gasket with. Current gasket looks good and if it was the correct one I'd do my copper trick to it and reinstall.

looks like I'm going to have to get one to be sure... and if I do I'll just use it.

Not sure how I feel about the shifting incorporated into the throttle handle. Will have to see after I get it running.

B

·
0 Posts
The throttle/shift has always been a selling feature that many love. Works great with extensions... no more reaching way back to shift! Boats.net may have a pic on the digital phish but it won’t be actual size.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, will take a look see. :)
I've got a little time left before I need a small motor so I hope this one turns out good,
if not I'll have to go get a new one :(

Never been a merc fan, johnsons then evinrudes, one yamaha 30 and one tahatsu 20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts