Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayfly owns and operates Abel and Ross, in Montrose, CO. I heard they just bought an established rod company, does anyone know who it is?
My guess is Winston.
They are going to announce it at the show in Denver this weekend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting stuff. I worked for Ross Reels right after Mayfly acquired them from Orvis in 2014. Their new digs look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They built a sprawling complex so they certainly need to fill up some of that space!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yup pretty crazy considering Montrose is a dump compared to most of CO. Scott moved down from T-Ride. Just reached out to a buddy still there. He said they didn't buy any Rod co. So, we'll see.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheap real estate though in Montrose, compared to T-Ride.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Cheap real estate though in Montrose, compared to T-Ride.
lol 99.9% of real estate is cheap compared to telluride. I was building some places in mountain village in 99 and woman said those are gonna be most expensive places here by ft2. I think it was like $800 ft2. Can’t find much there under $1200 ft2 now. Plumbers on job used to commute from montrose and lots of folks still do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow. Yeah T-Ride is probably my favorite town in CO. Not great fishing in town but, a lot of cool stuff around. Plus it's hard to beat the vibe there. I saw somewhere that Vail Resorts added them to their mega pass. Which is lame.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like it’s not a rod company, but a fly line co.!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Airflo apparently, i scoured the net this AM but did not see any confirmation. Maybe they are still negotiating?
I’m not normally a gossiper, lol, but heard this from a good source, we’ll see if it pans out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bet Mayfly wants to be another Farbank, I'm sure the hunt is on for a rod brand to pick up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was thinking the same thing K-Roc. Kinda sad to see everything moving to a few conglomerates owning it all. What rod co's are there really? Maybe they'll pick up Moonshine Rods.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they probably want something high end to complement Abel and Ross.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott won't budge, they love being independent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts