Maverick Forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by contenderv07, May 17, 2012.

1. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

Wow, what a forum... I went on there to ask a couple of questions, kind of comparing ankona to them, and got some GREAT answers (sarcasm). Then I go back and find out the thread had been deleted?? I told them what I thought about that and proceded to laugh. It's like they think maverick is the best boat ever made, and there is no other boat to consider. What a bunch of a-holes.. My boat choice just got narrowed down by one ;)

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

No offense Will but you are on a Maverick forum. It's not as universal as micro or some of the others. It's kinda like going to a Ford site and saying how much you like your Chevy. There is plenty of Ankona love going on here so you might be better off starting your own topic comparing the two..... BTW there really is no comparison between the two IMHO!

3. alain_vallejo

alain_vallejo Screw work!!! I'm going fishing!!!

x's 2
    What were you trying to compare?

4. mdiaz707@gmail.com

mdiaz707@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

c'mon guys. we all now that ankona is the better choice. they can run a 6 foot chop like a Hatteras, float as shallow as a canoe, have the fit and finish of billion dollar yacht and are still the most affordable on the market.

no wonder maverick was offended. they are scared of the competition.

in all seriousness though those guys on maverick forum are so full of them selves its unbeliavable.

5. alain_vallejo

Too bad Ankona doesn't have their own forum. Maybe one of their free unpaid employes could start one up and maybe their heads will get just as big as the people on the maverick forum.

6. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

I agree with After Hours2. We are a site for all skiffs. If you go to a manufactures website don't expect a non biased comparison between their product and a competitive product.

7. contenderv07

while I agree with everyone here, isn't there a time to just see a good boat for what it is.... a good boat?? I've got a Duramax diesel truck, but I know the Cummins engine is a great one and I know TONS of people on the Duramax forum that would say the same thing.. I would think that a company would let the owners speak for the product and NOT delete threads about other boats that can compete... Oh, well just my .02 /end rant

8. mdiaz707@gmail.com

While I agree with you on the Duramax vs Cummins I dont think you are comparing apples to apples. You dont usually here people saying that my durmax engine is better than your cummins engine its usally my chevy is better than your dodge. You cant expect to go on a forum of a competing company and expect positive feedback. Its just not going to happen.

Try going on the gheenoe forum and posting something about riverhawk. Not only will your post be deleted but your entire account probably.

9. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

ha ha ;D
    yeah go ax em about ankona over der.. :p

10. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Why would you go on a Maverick forum and try to discuss an Ankona comparison??
    The heads of some Ankona owners are just as large as some of the Maverick owners btw..
    And yes, you are comparing apples to oranges.
    Both boats are good boats, but the build quality, fit n finish, and engineering in Mavericks is light years ahead of Ankona.
    Go look for yourself, the Maverick plant is only about 10 miles away from Ankona.
    You can go watch a hull get vaccum bagged and resin infused.
    If you think the Maverick guys heads are big, go on an Egret forum lol
    But they have a right to be IMO

11. contenderv07

***edit*** all boats are GREAT! ;D

12. alain_vallejo

Thank you!!! It was about time some one grew the balls to say it and i second that.

13. contenderv07

wow talk about jumping on someone.  ;D I guess I don't sweat the small stuff as much as everyone else does. I was just looking to get some opinions on some boats. I just like getting out on the water and fishing. It seems like whatever boat you have, you're getting PAID to fish their boat. Oh well good luck with that

14. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

Also Will, according to a recent Gallup Pole, when asked - 3 out of 4 redfish responded they prefered the vacuum resin infused hull. ;D

15. contenderv07

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D thank you for that

16. alain_vallejo

The fish aren't going to care what your in, but you did ask for opinions on boats. By the look of it you were trying to compare maverick to ankona. Trying to compare companies is hard becuase theres alot to account for. comparing boats is almost the same thing, shadowcast or natice suv 14 to the hpx-v 18, completely diffrent boats. But I do see how an hpx-micro 17 and hpx-15 would compare to a copperhead.
    Which models were you tring to compare?

17. contenderv07

:D it's no biggie, I know the fit and finish is different. Just wanted diffference in riding characteristics from the copperhead and hpx micro. Don't worry, it really doesn't matter at his point. I can't believe this thread is still being posted on ;D

18. mdiaz707@gmail.com

I would think the copperhead and hpx micro would compare closely. Copperhead may have a little bit better ride but the HPX will draft a little less and pole a little easier. Maverick will have better fit and finish but copperhead is a better price point. Maverick probably has more storage.

Think fully rigged copperhead is $18,000 w/ 60 ETEC (think thats what PIB had posted in his thread a while back) and HPX is probably $25,000 w/ F40.

Mavericks prices come rigged with everything. Gauges, trim tabs, fuel tank, prop, plumbed livewell, interior lights, and an Ameri Trail trailer. I would say the Ameri Trail trailer is better than the float on that come with the copperhead.

19. contenderv07

PERFECT, this is what I needed!! thanks again. I'm still liking the Ankona (whether it be a copperhead or cayenne).. right now, I've got it narrowed down to (in no particular order ;D)
    1. beavertail (if I can find one cheap enough)
    2. copperhead
    3. cayenne
    4. ranger ghost
    5. hells bay (if I can find one cheap enough)

I also just saw PIB (I think's ) copperhead on CL. I'd rather have a CC, but I think Ankona could retrofit it :-/

20. mdiaz707@gmail.com

what are you looking for in a skiff? What kind of fishing do you do most of the time? Why do you want a center console?