Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm planning a trip to Matagorda Bay area for a couple days of fishing between Christmas & New Years. I'll be meeting up with a friend from West Texas who has a Hog Island Skiff. Neither of us has experience in the area (he has inlaws there), and this will be the first time the Hog will be in saltwater. We would be targeting reds and specks with the fly rod. Our thought is to hire a guide for day 1 and then DIY from our boat on Day 2. I know this is home waters from some of y'all. Here's what I want to know:

Any guide recommendations would be helpful.
Should we just DIY both days?
Any tips on the area in the winter specifically?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all,

I'm planning a trip to Matagorda Bay area for a couple days of fishing between Christmas & New Years. I'll be meeting up with a friend from West Texas who has a Hog Island Skiff. Neither of us has experience in the area (he has inlaws there), and this will be the first time the Hog will be in saltwater. We would be targeting reds and specks with the fly rod. Our thought is to hire a guide for day 1 and then DIY from our boat on Day 2. I know this is home waters from some of y'all. Here's what I want to know:

Any guide recommendations would be helpful.
Should we just DIY both days?
Any tips on the area in the winter specifically?

Thanks!
How’d it go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts