Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member here. I have a Maritime Skiff 1690, and am in the process of researching the putting a bow mount trolling motor on it. I'm set with the Minn Kota Riptide Terrova, I pilot, most likely 55 v (the areas I fish are usually sheltered bays, some current but nothing major...boat kept at a slip with electric). The battery/wiring/charger will be kept up front under the raised casting deck.My question is for those with Maritimes...I have heard that the additional weight up front make the skiff bow heavy when running...at least those Maritimes with 24 or 36 v systems. Is this the case with a single 12v setup...I'm thinking no but figured I'd ask. Last question, again for those with maritimes (or anyone actually), any thoughts/opinions for the trolling motor bracket on this...Maritimes have the rolled gunnel. Just picking your brains...Thanks in advance for all your help.
Ron

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Ron. I saw this older post by you and was wondering if you ever put the trolling motor on your 1690? I have the same boat and am also thinking about putting a riptide 55 remote controlled unit on the front. If you did install one, how was the weight issue in the front while running? Can you post any pics of how you mounted it? Here is a pic of my boat. Thanks, Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just came across this post. Looking into installing a trolling motor on my Maritime 1890 and would love to ask some questions.
Thank you,
Rocco

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1690 as well. Measured up some aluminum plate and and supports and had a welder put them together for 50$. I tried braiding the parts together at first and the heat needed to braise to the thicker top plate melted the braising.

Anyhow this is really strong and it does not affect running with a small 12 volt battery under the front casting deck.

I love it.

On my 1490 I built a long deck out of solid oak and it looked hokie, but it did the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1690 as well. Measured up some aluminum plate and and supports and had a welder put them together for 50$. I tried braiding the parts together at first and the heat needed to braise to the thicker top plate melted the braising.

Anyhow this is really strong and it does not affect running with a small 12 volt battery under the front casting deck.

I love it.

On my 1490 I built a long deck out of solid oak and it looked hokie, but it did the trick.
Looks great! I need to find a local welder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts