Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm likely going to have to head over to Florida sometime in March (maybe April) to meet with some guys in St. Cloud. I hate flying into Disney Airport and we have an office in Sarasota so I normally fly from Houston to Tampa and rent a car. Anyway, I'll be looking to piggy-back onto my trip and get in some fishing.

Are the migrating poon typically in this area by March? Or, it could be fun if there's somebody in central FL who targets bass on the fly.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
So I'm likely going to have to head over to Florida sometime in March (maybe April) to meet with some guys in St. Cloud. I hate flying into Disney Airport and we have an office in Sarasota so I normally fly from Houston to Tampa and rent a car. Anyway, I'll be looking to piggy-back onto my trip and get in some fishing.
Thanks for any ideas.
Tarpon won't be plentiful by that time unless you find them in a backcountry area. There are plenty of wading opportunities around Sarasota Bay (especially in the northern part of the bay) where you can do some fly-fishing....or you can book a fly guide.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,415 Posts
Sarasota: Capt. Rick Grassett, snookfin-addict.com

Orlando for trophy bass on fly or American shad on the St. Johns:
Capt. Mark Benson, markbensonoutdoors.com

Both are seasoned fly guides and instructors. Very easy-going, too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There have been some Tarpon on the beach and nearby that early but it’s very weather/water temperature dependent. Should be some Tripletail along the beach then, lots of good options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts