Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking, it would be interesting if there was graphic depiction on here of how many members fished which regions and what skiffs they had.

Maybe something like a map that could be automatically updated by entering your info. It wouldn't need to be tied to member names.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I could possibly assist with putting it together if there's enough interest, software developer by trade and geospatial development(putting data on maps) is one of my areas of expertise.
I work in operations and frequently provide the vision to the software folks for development of the tools which often involve maps or some other graphical depiction of data but I can't make it myself. Usually there are a few back and forth's between us to arrive at what is possible and optimal.

What I am visualizing is a tool on the homepage where one can select one or multiple regions such as Florida Bay, 10K Islands, ocean side FL Keys, Crystal River, Laguna Madre, Galveston Bay, Corpus Christi, LA, Mosquito Lagoon, GA, SC, NC, etc and input their make and model of boat.

Then you could view the number of members in that area, the number of HB, Mavericks, 16'. 18', 21'+ boats used in that region. Maybe mouse over a region and see how many members or number of skiffs by size or brand.

I don't know that you could draw any real conclusions from it but I think it would be interesting to see the Microskiff community depicted in this way.... "help us see ourselves". Maybe once mature it may provide enlightenment to the guy fishing the LA marsh as to why there are 50 people on MS saying you need a 16' tunnel skiff to reach the fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts