Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running my bay up the river and the atlas JP started raising on it own. Press the switch and it stopped. Unhooked the switch and it went all the way up 6”. Motor still running up. Pulled the fuse to get it to stop. Had a scheduled service the following week for an annual. Had them look at it and they replaced the whole relay harness and it is still doing the same thing. They tried to call TH but they were closed that day. Sounds like the actuator has gone bad. Until I can replace that does anyone know how to manually lower it ? So I’m still able to take the family out. Wife and three kids is a little tight on the shadow cast. Hahahah

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
9,132 Posts
There’s a relief screw on top I think. Look at the instruction manual...
Then recycle that scrap aluminum and buy a Bob’s...I went through three actuators and sold it with the third replacement and it went out in two months on him. I thought it was me!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The release bolt (1/4" if i remember correctly) is on the bottom, filler port is a hex set crew in the top. Make sure you have something to hold the weight of the motor. I have used a floor jack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts