Man o War Skiff/Gause/Yellowfin Similarities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by No Bait / Lures Only, Mar 25, 2017.

1. No Bait / Lures Only

No Bait / Lures Only I Love microskiff.com!

Last week I saw a Man o War skiff in Delacroix Island, very impressive boat. Before purchasing my Shipoke Skiff I missed a sale on a Man o War listed on this site. Now after seeing it in person I was blown away at the fit/finish/design, sorry that I missed it.
    The Gause and Yellowfin look similar, what gives as I am not familiar with those builds. Are they clones or copies? Pricing ?

2. Skiff Junky

Skiff Junky Well-Known Member

Gause is from the Man O War molds

3. amurleopard1967

amurleopard1967 I Love microskiff.com!

When I was looking at flats boats the manowar was the one I was looking at. Gause now uses that mold. I wound up getting a 16 egret.

4. No Bait / Lures Only

Sounds like I missed a good skiff, a little too late........

5. scout177

scout177 I Love microskiff.com!

Not too late if you are still interested. I have one listed for sale on this site. If you saw that one in person, you probably can attest to the yacht quality finish. The Gause rendition of this skiff is supposedly heavier than the Manowar due to use of old school layup methods of construction that work well on their bigger boats but not so much on weight sensitive skiffs. I think draft and performance suffered on the Gause models due to increased weight but not sure as that is hearsay.

Fritz likes this.
  6. No Bait / Lures Only

Thanks but you are 2 skiffs tooooo late, as I currently have 18' shipoke and 17'6 glades x .............

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017