Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Guys was hoping someone could help me identify this boat that's for sale. Looks like a Gheenoe. The guys selling it said the dimensions were 15ft by 4 ft.

Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/313606822914438/?ref=messenger_share

Thanks for your help!
That would be a gheenoe, made in Titusville Florida. Basically a much more stable flat-back canoe. I think that one is rated for a 10hp motor but people like to go fast so most people put a 15hp on them or step up to bigger gheenoes with a 25hp

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be a gheenoe, made in Titusville Florida. Basically a much more stable flat-back canoe. I think that one is rated for a 10hp motor but people like to go fast so most people put a 15hp on them or step up to bigger gheenoes with a 25hp
Yeah I figured it was a Gheenoe. Just curious as to the model. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
You really won’t know who built it until you look at the title... Over the years there’s been more than a few knock-offs of Gheenoes...

What’s the bet that whoever is selling this might not have a title or other paperwork?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that's actually a River Hawk 15' Original.
I dont think the Gheenoes have the braces on the center seat like that. Could be wrong, its happened once before.

http://www.riverhawkboats.com/15original.htm
The metal side braces/thwarts are typical of boats produced in Winder, GA......in earlier models, they used tubular aluminum and then later went to flat aluminum stock. Mine was made in Winder in '86 and came with tubular supports which I later replaced. The nose plates on those boats sold as Gheenoes were cast aluminum, with the Gheenoe logo..... the one in the ad doesn't look exactly the same as mine (see photo). My guess would be that it's a Riverhawk. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that the same mold was used for both boats.

20180903_125102.jpg
20180606_113040.jpg

·
Brandon, FL
10,976 Posts
You really won’t know who built it until you look at the title... Over the years there’s been more than a few knock-offs of Gheenoes...

What’s the bet that whoever is selling this might not have a title or other paperwork?
I'm not taking that bet...has not been registered since '07

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The metal side braces/thwarts are typical of boats produced in Winder, GA......in earlier models, they used tubular aluminum and then later went to flat aluminum stock. Mine was made in Winder in '86 and came with tubular supports which I later replaced. The nose plates on those boats sold as Gheenoes were cast aluminum, with the Gheenoe logo..... the one in the ad doesn't look exactly the same as mine (see photo). My guess would be that it's a Riverhawk. For what it's worth, it's my understanding that the same mold was used for both boats.

View attachment 82004 View attachment 82006
Interesting...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check the Hull I.D. plate on the outside of the transom. I can see it in one of the photos in the ad. If the boat was made in Winder, I'm pretty sure the I.D. will begin with "SBO." I don't know if this manufacturer designation changed when they began selling boats as Riverhawks rather than Gheenoes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Haha. Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. No paperwork. Looks like a sweet little boat tho.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

View attachment 82004 View attachment 82006
Thank you for taking the time to post some pics and explain the differences. How do you like your model?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts