MAC L

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by falcon, Jan 19, 2007.

1. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Got brave today and opened my MacBook Pro Core 2 Dou apart and upgraded the hard drive.

Wow what a project, screws everywhere. Even had to borrow one from another Mac....but now I have a faster, abit smaller drive, but much better performance!!!

Oh boy I can't wait to see if the Proc is swapable.

2. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

My gateway is slowly dying....i hate gateway...thinking of buying an iMac...tired of crashing, viruses, pc load letter not found, etc.

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

you gona pay the $2 to upgrade to 802.11n?

Love my powerbook! ;D Looking at the Aple TV, but only supports 720... hum... I might wait... :-[

If you are looking to buy a new computer... go with a laptop. Unless I decide to get back into design work from home which is Photoshop heavy, I wouldn't buy a desktop style puter... laptops are the way to go. Plent of power for the average user.

Cheers
    Jan

4. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

i like the idea of a laptop just have never liked typing on them, not a big fan of most of the keyboard setups

5. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

No need for it unless it helps with encryption.

I echo Imacattack, in that a todays laptop is plenty fast. My Girlfriend is up at school with a gateway(1.6 turion, 512meg ram) and its plenty fast for what she needs it for and cheap at sub $600. I have found that min ram for today's XP is 512, not really sure about vista,(I should intstall that somewhere). Remember the more programs running the more ram your gona need. Plus stick with a 15" screen or wider, they tend to be more typing friendly because of the width of the screen. It's usally a combo of bigger keyboard and a larger palm rest area.

get a mac if you can. if you have a windows habit, pick up a copy of paralles, I have a xp and a linux install in my MBP C2D. These things are just plain sick, I'm falling in love with the fruit, it just works. Not to mention how sexy hot they look!!!!