Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got it bookmarked for next year, work pulled me away from being able to attend this year. Let me know how it goes, I've been looking to get into volunteering for Casting for Recovery.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like fun and a good cause to boot. I am trying to make it down for this and could use a partner, either my skiff or yours. Or kayaks.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
848 Posts
Interested.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
702 Posts
Fished last year but wont be able to make it this year. Got to meet a few cool dudes last year. Sorry I wont be able to meet more this year. Yall have fun!

·
Registered
235 Posts
It looks like those of us hoping for cooler weather might get more than we bargained for. I was planning to do a little pre-fishing and knocking the rust off my casting hinges tomorrow - but the forecast for 30+mph winds and rain isn't quite ideal. It's supposed to be windy on Saturday too, maybe high-teens to low 20's range, so tournament day will be "sporty" for sure!

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
It looks like those of us hoping for cooler weather might get more than we bargained for. I was planning to do a little pre-fishing and knocking the rust off my casting hinges tomorrow - but the forecast for 30+mph winds and rain isn't quite ideal. It's supposed to be windy on Saturday too, maybe high-teens to low 20's range, so tournament day will be "sporty" for sure!
Break out that 10wt!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My app shows a significant drop in wind speed after lunch. But I don't care because you're taking that rat Doni ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we'll set up a drift at the north end of bay and use the 10wts as outriggers to troll some streamers on outside lines, then set a couple flat lines off the corners with poppers or gurglers to tease up the topwater bite!

I don’t think trolling is allowed :) maybe time to have the intermediate sinking lines available:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did I say “trolling”? What I really meant is that i might be super thoughtful and deliberate before I pick up my line to cast again.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did I say “trolling”? What I really meant is that i might be super thoughtful and deliberate before I pick up my line to cast again.
That works! No money here anyway:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found a few mid day Saturday but didn’t catch winners!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dinner, fellowship and fundraiser were great!

Reactions: AZ_squid
1 - 20 of 27 Posts