Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had to raise my prices for bucktail jigs and leadheads, done to custom order... Anyone needing a new info sheet, send me an email request and you'll have one by return mail... Here's a pic or two of what I'm making for anyone interested...

1/4 oz backcountry bucktails from recent order, available in 1/8 up to 1/2 oz, all with ex. sharp black nickel hooks.

Most colors on hand, leadheads from 1/8 up to 1/2oz, each one powder coated - then baked for a hardened finish
I do them with barbs for plastic or Gulp tails - or without for live bait or just what you need to tie up your own bucktail jigs...

email: [email protected]
phone: (954) 435-5666

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
16,324 Posts
If enough are asking… I’ll add them to my line up…
In the shallower waters sight fishing and blind casting I like 1/16 and even as light as 1/32oz plain lead jigheads to allow the plastic to fall more realistically and slowly. Even when working deep water but wanting the jig to remain in the upper water column longer a lighter jighead is amazing. I’ll order a bulk amount and am willing to bet there are others that would like to use lighter jigheads as well. The screwlocks I use now are usually 1/32 to 1/16oz small gap short shank hooks to better fit the 2 1/2-3 1/2” plastics I use more often than the larger ones. In thick grass a smaller hook catches less trash and if it is heavy enough will not straighten even on big fish.

Maybe others will chime in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I exclusively use Bob's jigheads and can't praise them enough. Great hooks and attention to detail on the paint jobs at a much lower price than the China sourced companies. Pair them with Wifflelures (yes still available) or gulps for fish killers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally had to raise my prices for bucktail jigs and leadheads, done to custom order... Anyone needing a new info sheet, send me an email request and you'll have one by return mail... Here's a pic or two of what I'm making for anyone interested...

1/4 oz backcountry bucktails from recent order, available in 1/8 up to 1/2 oz, all with ex. sharp black nickel hooks.

Most colors on hand, leadheads from 1/8 up to 1/2oz, each one powder coated - then baked for a hardened finish
I do them with barbs for plastic or Gulp tails - or without for live bait or just what you need to tie up your own bucktail jigs...

email: [email protected]
phone: (954) 435-5666
Wow those look cool. What would you catch with those bucktails?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts