SOLD/EXPIRED lucraft project (SOLD)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Capt Dan Medina, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

need to get it out of the yard.  its a project skiff with lots of potential.  clean title in hand.  the trailer it sits on is not currently finctional but you can take it for free.    bring me 100 bucks and take her! or i could use a high quality cast net in the 8-12 ft range.... let me know.  need gone by this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

Re: lucraft project

What kind of condition is the hull in? How much work would it take to get it to a usable state?

3. Capt Dan Medina

the hull is already in usable shape.... it had a soft spot on the floor that i already cut out and replaced..... it is a SOLID boat and can be used right away.... it is not pretty, and still needs to be outfitted (if you want a livewell, running lights, etc.) hence why i labeled it a project.... however if you have a nice tiller motor to slap on her, then your in the game right away....

4. snooknreds2

what about those rough looking spots on the port side? Also how is the transom?

5. Capt Dan Medina

the previous owner laid sheets of fiberglass across the bottom of the boat..... thats what those "rough spots are"..... the transom is solid as can be... for 100 bucks guys your really getting a steal!

6. CAJUN

CAJUN Well-Known Member

Do you have the title for this boat?

7. snooknreds2

well I am planing to take my honeymoon in the keys the first week in December. I am not positive I will have my crack-noe done by then and need something I can drive out to the camping island and go fishing during the day. Since it is my honeymoon I just want to make sure that I wont have any problems and have some "great adventure".
    I would be interested in getting this boat from you. I need to finish my trailer and register it first but then I can drive down and get my new boat!! Think you could hold on to it for me for a week or two?

as far as those glass spots on the side of the boat. Do you know WHY he laid glass there? was there a crack? any way of telling if the glass work is actually done properly? could you email me a close up pic of that section maybe? snooknreds2@yahoo.com thanks in advance
    Jason

8. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

These were good boats. My uncle owns the 2nd Lucraft flat bottom to come out of the molds back in 1974, and it still looks like new, but that's just him.

For a $100 you can't go wrong here. If it were even a little closer than Homestead, I would have already gone to get it.

9. Capt Dan Medina

i do have a perfect clean title in hand. If you can set me a date for when youd be able to make it down, id have no problem keeping it for you. i do need to have it gone though as it is sitting at my grandparents house and theyre dying to get it out of there. i paid more than a couple hundred for her and i did fix the soft spot on the floor (the right way). i have some pics of the fix that i will post up later on..... all around solid..... i am going to take some more pics of the inside for everyone to see.

10. snooknreds2

I will come get it Monday  or Tuesday if everything works out the way i plan.

how long is it? How wide is it?  will it fit in a short bed of a F150?

do you have a tag for the trailer?

11. Capt Dan Medina

boat is about 15 ft (14'2") but she is real solid fiberglass.... she will NOT fit in an f150 bed.... you def. need a trailer to take her.... I havnt used the trailer in about 2 years.... neighbors lawnman took the tag for it..... I dont know that i even have the old registration for the trailer, but i am happy to give you a bill of sale for the trailer.... i had it titled as a home made..... (here in fl there are no titles to trailers)..... again, the trailer needs work.... i am happy to help lift it onto your trailer...... but she is solid and heavy to say the least. Let me know.

12. Capt Dan Medina

another thing i do want to point out is that she sits alot higher in the water and will run alot higher in the water.... she should eat up a chop and keep you dry in the meantime..... I am heading over to take some more pics of her today while i enjoy the dolphins beat arizona :D

13. snooknreds2

I WANT THAT SKIFF!!!!

I have to work at 6:30-8:00 tomorrow and then Tuesday get my trailer registered, head down on wendsday. Do you think we could load the trailer and boat onto my trailer? or is it too heavy to lift?

Either way I am planing to head down on wends day after work!!! Could you send me the address where the boat is at in a PM so that I could mapquest it and see how long it will take me to get down there. I am excited to to come get my new boat!!!!

14. Capt Dan Medina

call me.... 786-270-8390 how big is your trailer? bring straps/ratchet tie downs and some rope to get her tied down real good..... same for the trailer on top....

15. snooknreds2

Just got home, and around to checking the one thing on the internet i needed to check...this thread!!

there are pics of my trailer in the bragging spot in the thread "canoe conversion into a micro skiff"  I think it is on the 3rd page.  Tomorrow I plan to register during the day and then install lights and do the welding i need to do in order to finish it off that night.  If all goes as planned I will be there Wednesday about 7-8 Oclock
    I will call you tomorrow in the am

16. snooknreds2

I called you today but your phone is off...left a message call me when you get a chance.  
    Cell:727-415-4095  
    work: 954-924-7238 (call when ever its a direct line)

Jason

Oh went to get my trailer registered and they would not do it with out a certified weigh receipt, But they gave em a temp tag that's good for 10 days.  Supposedly its only good to go to the weigh station.....but wouldn't you know it the only one i could find was all the way down in homestead.  Now just gotta do my two welds tonight, wire up the lights and I am ready to come down tomorrow

17. Capt Dan Medina

ok, i got your message but it was all mumbled... sounded like bad reception... i left a message on your phone.... i will have the tittle with me at work.... call me and i will give you the address...

18. Capt Dan Medina

boat and trailer gone.... thanks microskiff!