Lucky Floridians

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jhippleusaf, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Jhippleusaf

Jhippleusaf I Love microskiff.com!

Just spent a day in Key West for business and it was like torture not being able to fish! I can only imagine how awesome it is to fish those crystal clear waters...really gonna be disappointed the next time I go fish my muddy Charleston flats. May have to relocate, simply amazing.

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Believe itnor not its not easy living in the keys. Besides key west there is absolutely nothing to do at night, everything including gas stations close at 9pm. After a while (I can't believe im saying this) the fishing gets boring too. It really is island fever. Also jobs are few and far between (good ones). Just look at some of the real locals and you'll know what I'm talking about lol

3. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Yeah, I had an opportunity to work for the utility company down there years ago but decided to stay in Orlando. Sometimes I look back in regret but after I spend a few weeks down in Islamorada, I get a little stir crazy. Living in the Keys is a whole different scenario. That and it takes mucho dinero to do so in a way that is glorified while on vacation. I guess it would be a dream for the avid angler to become a guide in the fishiest place on earth, but then again, those are a dime a dozen..

4. Jhippleusaf

I understand completely, I just meant Florida waters in general. I did talk to a local who said just that, growing up in the keys got boring, too many tourists, island fever, etc. I did enjoy my short visit though and look forward to visiting again, hopefully next time w/rod and reel in tow.

5. cutrunner

I'll swap fishing trips with you.
    Put me on some reds in a flood tide marsh and I'll put you on a snook, sailfish, whatever floats your boat

6. Jhippleusaf

7. Maverick904

Maverick904 Chasin Tail

id love some mangroves and clear water... haha

but I do love the marsh

8. cutrunner

Its nice and clear when the army coprs isn't dumping that damn lake :mad: