Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice rig. Man, I'd be scared sh-tless driving that. You Gheenoe guys have got some big ones. I bet you could steer it by leaning left or right.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
you are violating fl. law for exceeding the hp.....any accident w/ or w/o blame u are wide open to getting sued or your insur. co. declining your claim
never mind the ticket you will be signing. Lets say it an accident was your fault you have gone from careless rt. to reckless.

Most states have similar laws

Did you ever see what a prop does to the human body?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here's one with a 40hp...looks like a blast but $h#t can happen real fast at that speed. That 50 should stir up some 'need for speed' endorphins.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,605 Posts

·
Fly-By-Night
3,174 Posts
Dang I like it! Lot of heat in here for a lil hp increase lol. If he wants to go fast let him go fast.

Honestly what is more dangerous, a guy in a 350lb Gheenoe who knows his boat well with a lot of boat handling experience running 45? Or some guy with deep pockets/great credit, with a new 2000lb Allison with a 2.5L Merc ripping around rivers and lakes @90?

I had a 13' alum boat with a 30 tiller, I never killed anyone or myself.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
For what it's worth. I have a friend who's dad had a Gheenoe with a 50hp tldi on it. He got caught in a suprise ,bad ,windy thunderstorm in the pine island area and the boat sunk. It almost costed him his life.Speed had nothing to do with it, but the extra engine weight probably didn't help in this situation.

·
Registered
459 Posts
For what it's worth. I have a friend who's dad had a Gheenoe with a 50hp tldi on it. He got caught in a suprise ,bad ,windy thunderstorm in the pine island area and the boat sunk. It almost costed him his life.Speed had nothing to do with it, but the extra engine weight probably didn't help in this situation.
Ok, wait!!!! Does this little jewel have positive, permanent flotation? As in "Won't Sink"?

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,047 Posts
Whew I couldn't imagine what that thing would do with a 50.... I will stick with my 25 and get there a couple of minutes after you do.

·
Registered
748 Posts
you are violating fl. law for exceeding the hp.....any accident w/ or w/o blame u are wide open to getting sued or your insur. co. declining your claim
never mind the ticket you will be signing. Lets say it an accident was your fault you have gone from careless rt. to reckless.

Most states have similar laws

Did you ever see what a prop does to the human body?
I've researched this and found no such law in FL. I did find some states where such laws do exist, but none in FL. Can you provide a reference?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts