Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m having a bit of trouble finding solid information regarding jackplates on an LT25. Some people I’ve spoken with say they are useless and to get a trim and tilt and others say its night and day in operating depth and speed. I know this can vary greatly by setup and weight distribution, but I’m looking for some clarity before I start unbolting motors and drilling holes! Right now I’m not feeling as though I am able to run this boat near as shallow as the classic with a 15 and fixed plate. Don’t get be wrong it still runs shallow but I feel like the motor could be higher and some offset could help me get cleaner water.

Here is my setup.

LT25
Full Front and Rear Deck
Coffin Box with Grab Bar
Poling Platform
Suzuki 20hp 4-Stroke with Electric Start
Battery in the front of the coffin Box
Trolling motor and Bracket
3 Gallon Tank

I’ve run two different props both three blades, one stainless and one aluminum one. I prefer the stock Aluminum and get around 23 with two guys and gear, 3 gallons of fuel. Motor is tucked in on the lowest trim setting is pretty much the only way it doesn’t cavitate at WOT. When looking back while running I don’t think I’m getting the cleanest water with this setup. I'm looking for any and all suggestions for increasing my shallow water performance and just performance in general. I have the option to get a TH Marine Micro Plate or CMC trim and tilt along with any prop recommendations. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
48 Posts
bump

I run a LT 25 with a hatsu 25 tilt&trim with no jack plate. prop is aluminum 13 pitch & i'm getting right at 30 mph WOT. I've been wanting to add a jack plate for some time but can't find enough information on them to make it worth buying. I see a lot of guys running atlas microjackers on LT25's tho and would like to know more about how/if they improve top end speed, wholeshot, shallow water performance, etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I’m having a bit of trouble finding solid information regarding jackplates on an LT25. Some people I’ve spoken with say they are useless and to get a trim and tilt and others say its night and day in operating depth and speed. I know this can vary greatly by setup and weight distribution, but I’m looking for some clarity before I start unbolting motors and drilling holes! Right now I’m not feeling as though I am able to run this boat near as shallow as the classic with a 15 and fixed plate. Don’t get be wrong it still runs shallow but I feel like the motor could be higher and some offset could help me get cleaner water.

Here is my setup.

LT25
Full Front and Rear Deck
Coffin Box with Grab Bar
Poling Platform
Suzuki 20hp 4-Stroke with Electric Start
Battery in the front of the coffin Box
Trolling motor and Bracket
3 Gallon Tank

I’ve run two different props both three blades, one stainless and one aluminum one. I prefer the stock Aluminum and get around 23 with two guys and gear, 3 gallons of fuel. Motor is tucked in on the lowest trim setting is pretty much the only way it doesn’t cavitate at WOT. When looking back while running I don’t think I’m getting the cleanest water with this setup. I'm looking for any and all suggestions for increasing my shallow water performance and just performance in general. I have the option to get a TH Marine Micro Plate or CMC trim and tilt along with any prop recommendations. Let me know what you guys think!

lognaire what makes you prefer the aluminum stock over the stainless prop? just curious I've been considering a stainless prop as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lognaire what makes you prefer the aluminum stock over the stainless prop? just curious I've been considering a stainless prop as well.
It actually hits wide open throttle with the aluminum where the stainless seems like it is a little bit slower spooling up and is a few hundreds RPM's short or WOT. I think this has to do with the weight of the stainless on these little engines. I'll be purchasing a tac to see what the actual difference is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

I run a LT 25 with a hatsu 25 tilt&trim with no jack plate. prop is aluminum 13 pitch & i'm getting right at 30 mph WOT. I've been wanting to add a jack plate for some time but can't find enough information on them to make it worth buying. I see a lot of guys running atlas microjackers on LT25's tho and would like to know more about how/if they improve top end speed, wholeshot, shallow water performance, etc.
Sounds like a sweet setup. I totally agree with the lack of information on the performance and changes to the boat with a jackplate. I feel like I have decent skills at finding information but this one has left me pretty much stumped!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I just put a Vance mini plate on my 14 billfish which is similar in size to a gheenoe. It's a manual lift plate. Will report back once I have had a chance to run it.
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Technology

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put a Vance mini plate on my 14 billfish which is similar in size to a gheenoe. It's a manual lift plate. Will report back once I have had a chance to run it.
View attachment 58016
Awesome man! I've seen those hulls around a few times. Looks like a cool boat. Thanks for the comment I'll be anxious to see the improvements.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your setup is similar to mine. Just purchased an LT25 and put a 20hp suzuki with elec tilt w/ jackplate. Front battery and trolling motor. Double hatch raised front. center live well. I used a stock prop 9.25x9 3 blade aluminium on the first run and hit the rev limiter at 23mph riding solo. purchased a SS 9.25x11 and it feels like its a little much for the motor. No more hitting the rev limit, and I can hit 25mph by myself on the flats with a light chop. I think I should have went with a 10 pitch SS in hindsight. The 11 pitch doesn't have the get up that the 9 had. Anyone running a 9.25x10 SS on a 20hp suzuki?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts