Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running an LT25 with a Mercury 25hp two stroke - short shaft with a stainless solas prop. It's constantly on the verge of cavitation, especially on hole shots, but if you bring the rpm down, the prop catches and you can get rpms back up & to WOT. Recently installed a permatrim to help, but didn't make any difference. Curious if anyone has any suggestions on prop suggestions / cupping -or- if a jack plate's set back would help it out?

IMG_7808.jpeg

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
4 Blade powertech with cup you will loose speed but gain "bite" if you can get to silver lake near brooksville I have props you can try

Reactions: Tran plate

·
I Love microskiff.com!
615 Posts
Powertech SRA3 from the guys I’ve talked to, some of them being Jack Foreman and Tom Gordon. Probably a 10x12 or 13 on a light boat if your gear ratio is similar to a Johnson, I think Yamahas are pretty close also. Can probably jack it up quite a bit as well, hard to tell from that angle.

Even zoomed in, your prop seems to have zero cup, here is an SRA3.

01B0885C-5EAC-48B1-9E29-D18F4F673E3F.jpeg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,992 Posts
Had a sra 3 12" pitch on 17 6 × 6 spear glades x n ran good n high on a 4" jack plate. Motor was modded. 5850 rpm @ 34 light.
Still have a solas 13" 3 blade available if anyone needs a prop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Powertech SRA3 from the guys I’ve talked to, some of them being Jack Foreman and Tom Gordon. Probably a 10x12 or 13 on a light boat if your gear ratio is similar to a Johnson, I think Yamahas are pretty close also. Can probably jack it up quite a bit as well, hard to tell from that angle.

Even zoomed in, your prop seems to have zero cup, here is an SRA3.

View attachment 107948
Thank you!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts