Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has anyone who has this on their skiff installed it?

I have used adhesive based devices (sternmate), works great for my structure scan my bay boat.

Don’t care if depth reading appears at speed. Will be too shallow much of the time anyway.

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
I'm about to install mine and I was planning on thru bolting it. Are you asking what depth off the transom it needs to be?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no more method of attachment. Through hull is no go for
Me in case I switch units

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
Then I would stick with the sternmate.
If I switch transducers later on I will just fill the holes and redrill.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Fasten a chunk of starboard to the hull and then mount the transducer to it. If you ever have to change to a different style you’re not putting new holes in the transom. There’s also a way to mount starboard to the transom without drilling but you need to stick starboard to the bare transom with 4200. Drill 4 holes in the starboard and run a coarse thread tap through each hole so the 4200 has a mechanical bond.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a good plan smack, the sternmate has been awesome but 130 for adhesive and a mount is pretty rough. Guess my cheap ass should just do it same, it’s has gone nowhere even after hitting shallow oysters and such

·
Registered
533 Posts
This may be slightly off topic but does anyone have experience with interference when mounting on the stern of a tunnel hull?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts