Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have the Hook2 TripleShot. For a fishfinder and waypoint marker, it does a good job. The TS does not have the capabilities for maps, but does record routes on a white screen. You should be good with it as a first unit since you will have maps and waypoint.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Hook2 TripleShot. For a fishfinder and waypoint marker, it does a good job. The TS does not have the capabilities for maps, but does record routes on a white screen. You should be good with it as a first unit since you will have maps and waypoint.
Which unit would have the maps?

·
Brandon, FL
10,970 Posts
I think the one you posted. Go compare at lowrance.

If i an fishing skinny water in a skiff I would be looking for a system that had good maps. A fish finder is about useless in 2 feet of water.

Many people on here like the Florida marine mapping package.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the one you posted. Go compare at lowrance.

If i an fishing skinny water in a skiff I would be looking for a system that had good maps. A fish finder is about useless in 2 feet of water.

Many people on here like the Florida marine mapping package.
The best I could tell this one came with maps but I have my doubts after fishnpreacher said it was only gps. I will keep researching it. I was hoping someone on here had this model and could let me know.

·
Brandon, FL
10,970 Posts
The best I could tell this one came with maps but I have my doubts after fishnpreacher said it was only gps. I will keep researching it. I was hoping someone on here had this model and could let me know.
His post stated triple shot. The one you posted is the slingshot. Different models.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I have the 7 you will need a card for coastal maps the hook only has lakes on it. Mine came with a card when I purchased it a 150 dollar savings it was a bundle pack

·
Registered
812 Posts
As Backcountry said, you will have to purchase a coastal card or map. The Hook2-7 will come with inland lake maps loaded. You will need to check with Lowrance or some other supplier of inland coastal waterways for pricing, but the base price for a splitshot unit is pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts