Lowrance Help

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by A_Wall, Jun 21, 2012.

1. A_Wall

A_Wall 16 Bonefisher

I have a Lowrance LMS 337 that was working fine. I was running back through a little rough water the other day and it started flashing bright then dim and beeping so I turned it off. I got back to the house to check it out and it will not power back on. I unhooked the power wire and hooked it back up. I changed the fuse and checked the wires it all looks good but will not power on. Any suggestion?

2. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

have you tried looking up the issue on the lowrance website?

3. A_Wall

A_Wall 16 Bonefisher

The only thing they suggest that I haven't tried is to test with a volt meter. I will try that tonight and go from there. Thanks

4. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Did you try to reset it? pg 82 instructions

http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LMS-337CDF_0156-071_121704.pdf

5. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

The reset fixed mine

6. A_Wall

A_Wall 16 Bonefisher

The reset worked, thanks for the help. What size fuses are ya'll using? One of the local boat dealers here told me to use a 4amp but they keep blowing. Can using too big of a fuse hurt the unit at all?

7. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

per the Lowrance website, 'a 3 amp fuse should be used, anything more will void the warranty'

I use the 3 amp on my HDS gen 2 and have not not any issues

check to make sure the connections are clean and are corrosion free, you may have a little corrosion in the pin connectors (very difficult to see), if not new, then try a new power plug for the unit

8. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

Really bad idea to keep upping the fuse size, a fuse bigger than specified can definitely damage your FF.

The fuse is blowing for a reason, not a good one either. Check the wiring and make sure there are no nicks/cuts allowing it to shorting out. If everything looks good try wiring directly to the battery by passing any switches, bus bars, or breakers.

9. DEEK

DEEK I Love microskiff.com!

Carolina Jim x2

learned that years ago, no fun when wires under you console start melting!!!