Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16 Bonefisher
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lowrance LMS 337 that was working fine. I was running back through a little rough water the other day and it started flashing bright then dim and beeping so I turned it off. I got back to the house to check it out and it will not power back on. I unhooked the power wire and hooked it back up. I changed the fuse and checked the wires it all looks good but will not power on. Any suggestion?

·
Thread Killer
693 Posts
have you tried looking up the issue on the lowrance website?

·
16 Bonefisher
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing they suggest that I haven't tried is to test with a volt meter. I will try that tonight and go from there. Thanks

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,525 Posts
Did you try to reset it? pg 82 instructions

http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowrance/Documents/Manuals/LMS-337CDF_0156-071_121704.pdf

·
16 Bonefisher
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reset worked, thanks for the help. What size fuses are ya'll using? One of the local boat dealers here told me to use a 4amp but they keep blowing. Can using too big of a fuse hurt the unit at all?

·
Thread Killer
693 Posts
The reset worked, thanks for the help. What size fuses are ya'll using? One of the local boat dealers here told me to use a 4amp but they keep blowing. Can using too big of a fuse hurt the unit at all?
per the Lowrance website, 'a 3 amp fuse should be used, anything more will void the warranty'

I use the 3 amp on my HDS gen 2 and have not not any issues

check to make sure the connections are clean and are corrosion free, you may have a little corrosion in the pin connectors (very difficult to see), if not new, then try a new power plug for the unit

·
I Love microskiff.com!
611 Posts
Really bad idea to keep upping the fuse size, a fuse bigger than specified can definitely damage your FF.

The fuse is blowing for a reason, not a good one either. Check the wiring and make sure there are no nicks/cuts allowing it to shorting out. If everything looks good try wiring directly to the battery by passing any switches, bus bars, or breakers.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
104 Posts
Carolina Jim x2

learned that years ago, no fun when wires under you console start melting!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts